New to Magic

Collectible Card Games. Find other players in the area or talk about strategy.

New to Magic

Postby Thron » 13 Mar 2011, 20:26

Hey all.

I'm new to Magic. I've been playing about a month or so. I see that there are two nights of Magic on the calender but don't really know if I want to spend money to play a game that I think most would beat me at. :D Does anyone just stop by the store on certain nights to play a few games for free and fun? :lol: I am definitely interested in FNM, just don't want to start spending the money on it until I am comfortable playing. I may have a few questions while playing, but I think I know my way around my decks well enough.

Thanks!
Thron

Re: New to Magic

Postby heath » 14 Mar 2011, 12:34

Thron,
Magic is by far the most played game at the store and there is almost always a group of people playing it at any time of the day on any given day. Having said that feel free to call ahead of time to make sure some people are playing casually at the store before you make the trip. Everyone that plays at our shop is very friendly and helpful to new players and if they are not they know where the door is. :)
heath
Site Admin

Postby Thron » 15 Mar 2011, 13:26

Thanks heath. I will definitely do that. I might even swing by later today if I can.
Thron

Postby Thron » 16 Mar 2011, 12:31

So I decided to actually come participate in FNM lol. If anyone will be around the shop early, I think I will be there around 3:30 - 4:00, maybe we can get a few games on? :D
Thron

Postby Bombstriker » 18 Mar 2011, 23:15

I am also new to magic I have only been playing wowtcg and I love it but all my friends are telling me to abandon it and go with magic instead. I have just purchased 3 booster boxes in hopes to get some decent stuff to build a deck. The thing that sucks though is my working hours. I work from 3pm till midnight Monday thru Friday so I miss out on all the magic events. How rare is it that you all run magic on weekends because I would like to jump in even though I am very very new lol.
Bombstriker

Postby Thron » 20 Mar 2011, 18:01

There is a calender on the main website, but I think the only card game event on the weekend is Yu-Gi-Oh. I may be wrong but I think that's right.

I am always down to play some Magic though. I can be around the store on Saturday and/or Sunday after 5. Just depends on my plans for the weekend.
Thron

Postby andrew » 22 Mar 2011, 10:46

We always have an open win-a-box tournament (Std, Ext, Legacy), and draft on the table. If 8 people want to play a tournament, we will start one.

Saturdays also have our pre releases/release events once a quarter. If you haven't played in one of those they are Sealed and always a good time. Next one is in May I believe.

-Andrew
andrew
Site Admin

Postby Thron » 22 Mar 2011, 22:34

Oh man, wouldn't mind an extra night of magic. :D
Thron

Return to CCG's