Monday MIXERS

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Monday MIXERS

Postby glocness » 30 Aug 2013, 06:37

Formerly the LOOKING FOR 3.5/PALLADIUM post, this is a new thred detailing what we're doing from session to session. Due to schedule changes for some of the groups players I have devised a fair and, I think, reasonable gaming schedule. We get together, on avergage, 4 times a month, sometimes 5, always on a Monday, always at Cape Fear Games and always at/around 4:30pm ending the game session between 8:30-9:30 pm. So, out of the 4 nights a month, we'll run a different game every night.
1 night - D&D NEXT (or, 5th edition...whatever folks are calling it now a days) with David as our DM. Games to take place on nights with full attendance/whole group available to play. Currently there are 2 storylines running; The Black hounds of Errith and the Sudsy Fist Expedition Crew (both of which are about to meet up).
Night 2 - PALLADIUM, with me (LURCH) as the GM. Also taking place on nights when everyone is attending. Campaigns have yet to begin but the 3 stories are Enslaved For Light, Flames of the West and The Northern Bastion (North and West missions occuring at same time).
Night 3 - the original AD&D 2nd edition, with Dave as our DM. To be played on nights that DM David and Katie can't make it. Have not started yet but we have a Thief, Ranger, Druid & Wizzard in the group.
Night 4 - IRON KINGDOMS, with Kyle as our DM. Again, to be played on nights when DM David and Katie can not attend. In the group are a Night Elf Duelist and some other combo, a Human Mechanic duelist programer and a Trollkin Man of arms pugilist tank/beater.

I honestly didn't think I would like Iron Kingdoms, but I've taken a shine to the dynamics of it and Kyle spins a nice little storyline out of the twisted messy blend of tech and magic....it's quite catchy once the dynamics are down! Any additional play dates/days we come upon, the game will be selected when all the players arrive. SO, we have room for players in any and all of our campaigns/stories/games. Feel free to look us up, every Monday at Cape Fear Games at 4:30pm-9:30pm. Ask the Woman at the Desk for LURCH, she'll point you to me.
glocness

Re: Monday MIXERS

Postby glocness » 03 Sep 2013, 08:23

And the Iron Kingdoms crew; currently a troll man at arms, a human mechanic, an elf duelist and a dwarven battle caster, had a choice of going to a necromancers mansion and whooping it on for glory and renown in the town...OR going to the forbidden isle, slaying fellow competing adventure groups and racing against said groups for a SUPPOSED treasure beyond imagining far below an ancient temple ruin.....guess which one WE took! So, the race with the other parties began and we were lucky enough to get a head start on our competition. Down we delved into the ruins till we eventually found mines lacing the walls which, according to our mechanic, were remote det, but were also so poorly rigged that tampering with them would cause them to blow and he could not mimic their acctuation trigger....sucky right? Well, further we proceeded till we found the 1 group that was ahead of us; this group lead by none other than our mechanics arch-rival, a little goblin type dude who ripped out the brain/matrix of a "JACK" (steam golem) and was piloting the jack from within (I guess a big no-no taboo OMFG end of the world stop all life until this wrong is righted mortal sin in the mechanics playbook, i dunno....I just roll here). We were able to knock out a few minions, but the arch-nemesis blew the mines and then the floor, separating himself from us while dropping us into a warren of some kinda wierd skinny hell horse mutant reject thingies...who were not happy to see us. At all. Short little battle, 5 of them dead, 4 more running away wetting themselves for some time as they dropped weapons and ran (they didn't like seeing the "TANK" of the party chop their leader, a supposed bad a**, in two and proceed to chop another smaller guys chest neck and forward part of it's face open all in one swing). We then came upon a curious thing; what looked like a stone runic chamber pot in front of a (freshly) blood splattered door, and upon our aproach, an INFERNAL who was about the trolls height and a few hundred pounds his better, hops out of the pot and sets up a gambling table saying that he can open the door if we'd like to gamble for our souls. Well, some time passed as the "smarties" of the party debated on action(s) before finaly, the troll and the elf looked at one another, nodded and attacked......SHYADAP; WE WERE BORED!!!! The infernal was VERY hard to damage as we had no magical weapons to hit him with so, that took some time. The magic stone "P" pot that was his home was ALSO heavily armored by some ancient magic, so that also took time to destroy. We won, of course, but, along the way.........Our elf was nearly killed (had 2 rounds left until he was DEAD; someone needed to go over and actually BE a doctor and patch up the hole in his rib cage that his internals were leakin out of), our troll was beat down multiple times, dropped once, was able to log more flight time in for his upcoming monster launch competition piloting license and did a fair bit of damage despite the heavy armor of the super demon. Our mechanic spent quality time dispensing damage to the stone pot as did his jack as well as our dwarf battle caster.....but the casters poor aim on 2 occassions ended up spawning 2 more infernals, one of which CAUGHT his spell in mid flight, animated it, warped it, molded it, corrupted it and formed it into a halacious weapon....which the troll later ripped from his hands. The other infernal spent the entire battle chewing in the underarms of the Jack trying to put out the acid and flames lacing its body thanks to certain explosive devices used by our elf. So, end result: 3 dead infernals, 1 stone runic demon hammer (which the troll gladly claimed) and a now open door. We continued on, disabled some traps, passed by others until we heard a party of wild blighted elves behind us, at which time we ran forward to an arena style setting where we laid in wait for the next party to be destroyed. Traps went off, elves died/screamed/committed SEPUKU/whatever it is those ninnies whine about, and finally came into view to see the troll plunge his great sword into the floor while hefting the demon hammer on his shoulder in the other hand.....and of course, dumb troll activates the colluseum. Demon infernals begin warping in and taking seats, the gated door slams down locking the elves in, lights turn on...but hey, everyone was chanting the trolls name so ALL GOOD! The party opened up the fight by spraying and killing most of them, troll charged in last against the leader, smashed his spine up into his skull and sent him flying simultaniously (it was a shot that was half croquett and half golf with a tennis back-swing). The next round went by a lot quicker. We won, they died, the demons gave us old currency and jewels, the elf leader had a magic bow which our elf took.....and that was where the adventure ended for us. Next up, we all decide what exactly we are gonna do next! WOOT WOOT!

Oh, for those that wanna know, the hammer was waiting to be named and contains a demonic force/essence/energy/conciousness. The troll won his will power check superbly and made the hammer, "HIS B****", but named it a glorious, respectful, awe and legend inspriing name......NECROM, THE UNDYING. A runic, demon, warped spell, stone great hammer who returns life to the troll after each kill it makes. In the hands of this troll, many a foe will feel true pain before him.
glocness

Postby glocness » 10 Sep 2013, 20:41

Our supply wagon had sustained some rather unfortunate damage dring our last little adventure and thus our mechanic and our battle mage stayed behind to conduct repairs, to catch up with us when they could, leaving the Bluky meatshield troll-kin and the dashing finesse style night elf to trudge ever forward, deeper into the heart of the ruined temple, seeking the vast wealth rumored to lay deep down in its subterrainian passages and vaults. Our first encounter was quite the oddity as we noticed the signs of heavy battle along our route and soon began hearing the conflict. The elf scouted ahead using his stealth to figure out what was causing the commotion to find a group of lady pirates in pitched battle with a rag-tag group of mercinaries and, to my raging delight, a chained TROLL (pure blood, real bruisers these). The pirates were fighting off the mercs while trying to keep the troll chained to the floor but were loosing the battle thus we decided to join in as this troll and I had a history; lil punk got into a drinking competition with me, spiked my drink, sucker punched me and knocked my lights out, then proceeded to make off with ALL my cash....hence why I came along on this venture: I'M BROKE!!! So, we began with the little minions, taking them out, gettin a little hurt along the way, but then the troll broke free and began smashing everything in sight. The elf caught his attention with some well placed shots and acid-fire bomb combo's, the pirates begain running further down the hall attempting to subdue a mini artilery cannon trying to support the troll while I began swinging necrom at the trolls back. Long story short, we won, troll bit me, I smashed his teeth out with the hammer, cruched his spine then decapitated his corpse while the lady pirates took control of the cannon and ended up joining forces with us. One lady pirate in particular was uber bad a** as she was dual wielding a spiked chain whip and an auto pistol, at one point head butting a fully armored storm knight mercinary and knocking him on his back, unconcious......a point that very much caught my troll-kins attention! Proceeding further into the labrynth we eventually came to a lich necromancer, chained to a desk in the very bowels of the facility who agreed to aid us in exchange for his freedom and if we were to go and destroy the undead abominations in the next room (undead-ish; apparently this place is a cache for a group of wierd mutant-cyborg-undeadish-pirate-marauder types who are known, feared and hated by the entire known world). So, we agreed, went in, whooped it on with a "death jack" and a dozen ghouls/undead thingies and came out all golden...except the troll-kin who came out near lifeless with a broken arm thanks to a luck shot from jacky. It was determined that we needed to make a stand and fortify ourselves as the lich informed us that the cyber-dead pirates would be back before our boat would return to pick us up and we stil had at least 5 other adventuring expeditions behind us as well as the regular denizens of the isle who'd taken up residence within these ruins and did NOT like visitors other than these cyber pirate things. So our first fight, 6 dretchs (I call em "toothpicks" because they're slender things...strong for being so, but stil slender) and a creature called a GORAX; besically a were-wolf and a YETI got together and had a kid...that kinda thing. SO, me not being able to wield NECROM or my greast sword definitely had it's draw backs as I wasn't the rampaging killing machine I normaly am but I make a good meat shield and the damage slack was taken up by the elf and his magic bow, supported by the remaiing pirate crew and their leader, the ever so attractive, horn headed, spiked chain whip slashing, gun toting head butting beauty (no name for her as of yet...). Yet again, we fought another wave, this time a few less dretches, but still another Gorax, with the same result; them dying, me getting knocked down time and time again due to luck shots bypassing my armor (actually, it's these creatures with BITE attacks...apparently my guy does NOT like being bitten!!! Horrible weakness for a brawler..). Again, the dretches came back with a lot more reinforcements; bout 20 in all and this time they brought TWO Gorax...yay. Ended up beating them all down..and falling once or twice more myself. But, in the end, we won, our wagon repair crew caught up with us and now we are refortifying our defenses, priming the artilery cannon and licking our wounds (thankfully the lich was able to find some battle beer to speed up my healing; my arm, combined with my troll bloods healing factor, will be good as new in 1 more day). The bright side is our tally:
4 GORAX, 1 SUPER TROLL, 8 mercinary minions, 20+ "toothpicks" and much much more from previous sessions. Not to mention, my troll has picked up his first theme song.........."I GET KNOCKED DOWN, BUT I GET UP AGAIN. YOU AINT EVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN. I GET KNOCKED DOWN........"!
glocness

Postby nhutchen » 17 Sep 2013, 17:35

I would love to join; only problem being, I have no ride. And parents don't want me walking home at night. Sorry
nhutchen

Postby glocness » 18 Sep 2013, 20:46

OK, looks like the days are switching up but at the same time not really. D&D NEXT will be playing every other TUESDAY now but the group will still meet every MONDAY and TUESDAY at CFG, 430-930. We currently have 4 different games on the venue: AD&D 2nd edition (DM'd by our ol' Dave), the original base game from back in the day. D&D NEXT (5th edition you could say I guess. DM'd by David). Palladium (GM'd by myself). And finally Iron Kingdoms (GM'd by Kyle).

2 members will only be able to make every other Tuesday while everyone else will be able to make both days weekly (for now, subject to change in the future give jobs and shift changes). More to add later.

Also, tune in tommorow morning for the latest recap of the BLACK HOUNDS OF ERRITH story line from our D&D NEXT campaign (or, one branch of it that is) and our groups theme song.
glocness

Postby glocness » 19 Sep 2013, 18:58

So the Black Hounds of Errith, recovering from the loss of one of their own, set out back to the shoreline to ensure that their ship was still moored in the bay. Close to the ocean we noticed that the constelations themselves were shifting. Our Wizzard took it as a sign of the appocalypse while our insane gnome bomber said it was some kind of illusion...that he had to fight to win back his taste buds. The group decided to believe the Wizzard, but were unsure as to what action to take and so proceeded to the bay, only to find it occupied by a HUGE red drake invasion force of 200 transport vessels. There was much confusion as to what to do but finally the crazy little gnome launched a Bomb from his mechanical donkeys "ejecto-seat" saddle at a random ship in the fleet.....which happened to be carrying explosives, incindiaries, acid and what we later discovered to be a poison specifically for disrupting a defending enemies water supply. Long story short, it set of a chain reaction that destroyed a whole slew of ships which released a large number of enrages fire sprites which flew in random directions looking for aggressors (we hid, barely). In the ensuing chaos, the drake magicians were launching spells everywhere blindly attacking the countryside Predator style (the first one with Arny) but that didn't stop our inasaniac bomber from launching yet another bomb that destroyed ANOTHER slew of ships and caused the force to pull back and regroup. We regained our ship, took some prisoners, rigged the ship as a demo-suicide ship and sent it off at an angle away from the fleet to give the appearance that we were running away. The Drakes over took the vessel, boarded, tripped the trap and the ship blew....taking another chunk of the fleet with it. Final tally: 169/200 ships destroyed.

Having accomplished this little miracle, we headed back to the village where we discovered that lord Lengs body had animated and shambled off and joined a host of skeletons that were too numerous for our palladin to take on alone. We went to where the palladin lost track of the corpse to find that a dark robed figure was animating skeletons and forming them all into a giant bone mound/pile for some reason. Long story short: battle ensued, Leng was a death knight, the robed guy was an armored priest of the hobgoblin god of war and was forming a giant skeletal golem thing (or, skeletron, as we all called it). Our Palladin put a SEVERE hurting on the death knight with his smite ability while Fang, using Lengs former weapon HELLFIRE could not get the weapon to harm it's former master and thus switched back to his faithful blade and proceeded to assist Cauldwell to lay waste to the monster. Tor the troglodyte, the elven archer, and the dwarven fighter proceeded to bang on the priest while thunk and her two mastiffs attacked skeletron, who had risen and formed when the batle bagan. Upon defeat of the death knight and the priest, skeletron fell apart, but one of the mastiffs was underneath it and all hope of it's life seemed to be gone but a lucky entangle shot from Tor's bull whip snared the animal and he yanked it to freedom.

So now we have a Wizzard who's a prophet (he DID predict an apacalyps!), a gnome bomber who can make bombs that can prevent apocalyps', a general who forced a legendary weapon to his will (during the fight it tried to return to it's owner but a super roll ensured that would NEVER happen), a Trog who doesn't know when to quit snagging people/things and jerk them around as well as a desire to take on the biggest threat even if it's by himself (get out the way, I'm comin through and if you don't wanna move I'm coming right through you!!!), a dwarf fighter who still wants to choke enemies with his spiked chain, an archer who's becoming the next legolas and a barbarian that....well, she still drools a lot and loves her dogs but hey; ya GOTTA luv the THUNK! Given the mass destruction we seem to cause and without further adue (or adoo, aduo or however that word is spelled), our theme song:

Inch by inch and step by step I'm closing in on your position and destruction is my mission.
Fame is not enough when your whole crew is dust.
Coming through my area, I'ma haveta bury ya.
Tell me who wants to tangle with these world wide super heroes?!?
Yeah, ya wanna war!?! We're unstopable, we run the board! You can't get none of this, HARD CORE! It's our game, you hit the floor! YOU AINT SEEN NUTHIN LIKE THIS BEFORE!
Insane like a runaway train we're in your brain!
glocness

Postby glocness » 26 Sep 2013, 08:37

MONDAY: We resumed our Iron Kingdoms game, defending the treasure vault from other looters while awaiting rescue from our ships which couldn't wait for us due to competing ships/fleets as well as pirates which notoriously patrol and use these waters (and most notably, this island; their own little storage box...yeah, we're robbing a famed and world feared/hated pirate organization...we're the smart ones) for their trade. First battle we stood up against a bunch of "toothpicks" who were dragging bodies away from our growing pile and carting them into the darkness (odd, since our night elf was bombarding them with arrows while the trollkin was dicing them up by the swath. Eventually, the necromancer showed himself trailing behind a fair gaggle of animated deadling-thingies...which proved to be quite resilient due to their armor and some enchantment he was holding on them. It ended badly for them all, but was more of a challenge than we anticipated.
The next battle was against a rather hardy and diverse team of adventurers composed of gunners, bombers, a deranged cursed sword guy, a massive armored knight on foot and their leader, a priest. This fight did a number on us as the priest ducked out of sight but worked some kinda thing that made his group very very hard to damage and more difficult to hit. The final battle, we got a little luckier with (though it hasn't as yet ended; we had to end the already elongated session due to time constraints). Our Mechanic and his jack were able to assist us against Mr Gibbles, the big bad boy we were trying the hardest to outrun and also the one who in our first floor dropping encounter hijacked our employer. As the battle began, one of the rooms had an explosion go off which the trollkin bravely went off to explore believing that the Elf, the mechanic, the jack, the lady pirates and our light artilery cannon could handle anything that came through the vaults doors. What came through the vault door was: Mr Gibbles himself in his super-jack armor suit, 2 gobber mechanics, 2 gobber stick fighters, 2 targeting orbs and 2 harpoon orbs. What came through the demolition hole that was now in the main treasure and filing room was 2 harpoon orbs and a whole ton-a-smoke/dust....covering the 2 man assault team, consisting of a mage and a full on storm knight, coming in from behind to steal one of the artifacts we had discovered.
As we ended the session, the tally was 6 destroyed orbs, 4 dead gobbers, 1 badly wounded mage escaping up the demolition hole via a rope, 1 badly wounded storm knight holding the trollkin from following, 1 nearly destroyed artilery cannon, 1 down but alive night elf, a SEVERLY jacked up defending party (US! Every one of us.) and Mr Gibbles was some how flung back and away from the brawl with his harpoon weapon and chain saw too damaged to use. Our employer is somewhere around....we just don't know it and haven't found him as of yet.

So, what will happen next session? Will the Trollkin have enough left in him to knock down the stormkight? How about chase the wounded mage up the rop ladder? Will we be able to save the Night elf? What do we do if we can't recover the artifact? Our ships are still 2 days away, but the pirates who housed this island with their loot wil be here in one day.....uh-oh.
glocness

Postby glocness » 26 Sep 2013, 09:41

TUESDAY: While rumaging about in the study of the Hobgoblin black priest of war that nearly wiped us off the map, we we were hit by a wave of unknown magic energy which transported the Sudsy Fist Crew into a strange and alien yet familiar landscape. Braun and Bolt found themselves atop a FRIGID mountaintop in the midst of an even colder snowfall with a glowing BLUE sun and to make matters worse, no other party members in sight, no sign of other life other than us (not even vegitation) and the snow seems to be moving of it's own accord (Bolt threw his hammer at it and it turns out to be a minor ice demon that hates warm blooded creatures. It didn't do too well in it's vendetta). IT was about this time that a roar split the sky and perching itself atop the mountain peak about 150ft above us was this MASSIVE great white scaled winged reptile-thing that struck fear into the heart of Bolt (Braun..well, lets face it, the Barbarian is too......?SLOW? to be afraid?!?). Braun, feeling no fear, wanted to solve things HIS way, despite the warnings from the divine specialist and group tactician that this creature was far beyond anything we knew or were ready for. It was only when he noticed that he stood alone, with even the mighty TRASH MOUTH THE FINISHER, running for his bleating life, that he decided to go shield sledding again to catch up to the fleeing trashmouth and Bolt. We then came upon giant frozen pillars of clear ice, each one containing large contingents of elven warriors in rank and file, frozen in place as if instantaneously by some unnatural cold wave. Bolt began to hack his way to the closest elf when a giant ice fist rocketed out of the ground, upercutting him and sending him airborne but he recovered quickly, readied frost brand and began to double handed swing the great weapon down on the hand as he plumetted back down to it...only to see it shatter as the blur of Blots hammer smashed the thing into hundreds of shards and Braun, in all his dissapointment, forgot to land right (at least he landed in the snow, not solid ground....it WAS face first after all. Lesson learned; don't close your eyes while falling. You forget to land on your feet it seems!).
So, Brauin chisseled and chisseled away, carving out a tunnel, using his hand axes, we had to spend the night and seal ourselves in for warmth, even having to resort to double spooning the goat while all 3 of us (yeah, trashmouth too; grabbin a piece of it's handle in his mouth) had hands on Brauns frostbrand to resist the cold.. Wake up in the Morning, Braun went right back to chisseling while I took a peek outside the wall we erected only to find a mass of the ice demons outside. Bolt no likey, so he took a thrown-swingy at the closest icy....it went splatty. Trash mouth gored one of the things on his horns, which made the icy think that it could strangle/break neck/hurt/harm trashmouth by wresting with him....to which trash mouths reply was shake head-run-head butt nearest ice wall...which after 2 rams shattered the icy, teaching it that this goat was NTBFW.
The remaining icy things had turned slushy and began forming mega-snowman. This didn't turn out so well for it as apparently this thing had never heard of a DWARVEN THROWER (A.K.A. The Hand Of T'oerr; Bolts hammer) or imagined the devastation of a rampaging and enraged dwarf. Long story short, it died quickly, and Braun went back to mining towards the elven soldiers...just as an ice fall lands on top of Bolt at the entrance. Braun comes back and digs his friend out..only to find that he dug out an elf, still alive with a glowing amulet but only just barely, just as a loud burst rippled away from what was Bolts actual location as he could now see through the moved masses of snow.
Quick rundown - Elf is some kind part dragon. He and the contingent of elves are all from the dragon wars over 10,ooo years agao. His elven dialect is broken so communication is an issue. He knows about Peyton and in fact worships the guy already. He doesn't want to return with us to the present for some odd reason. We shot through another dimensional rift into a cave with little baby black lizzard-eel things swiming in acid. We made it out..to see a VERY large version of what was in the cave swoopdown and swallow a sabertooth kitty whole (we were in it's lair and the opening was behind a waterfall as well as almost a mile off the ground overlooking a valley). We clumb down, ran into a T-rex (thought we could intimidate it away, but that proved to be dreaming a lil too big), smacked it with the hand of t'oerr, made it roar, big black winged thing came back, elf turned into dragon thingy again, we ran, black chesed us, bolt slung spells back at black; deflecting acid sprays and zapping it from nose to bung-hole to tail tip finally making it rear off and fly away (been a very very long time since ANYTHING had hurt it at all....made it confused) before we crashed (elf-dragon thingy, despite Bolt shielding him from acid sprays with magic blasts, got pretty doused in places). Using the last of his healing magic on the group, we ended with us running to the assistance of a familiar sound: "THA KNEEEEEEEEEEEE-CHOPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" and finding the "Knee chopper" about to join battle with 5 T-rex's. Once we survive this, we have to find a way into the volcano mountain nearby because one of the portals we found showed us a vission of our final party member (yeah, we reunited with other party members along the way, had an our of time/loop/warp/finagle-thing-a-ma-jiggler-oid-mmmmyyyyyyaaaaGHHHHHHH!!!!!) with the hobgoblin female sacrifice we rescued earlier, alone on a rock in the midst of a rising lava flow.

SO, next session we have to remake the movie Jurassic Park, not become food, hope blacky doesn't fly back wanting to try another bite of the "fresh-out-the-gate" buffet that just wandered into his land/territory, rescue lover boy and find a way to safety assuming of course that there even IS a way out of this string of pocket dimensions we're in. How will we fare? IDAKNOW!!! I'm lost in the sauce and makin things up as I go along....long term plans don't work in my favor.

Welcome to JURASSIC PARK my fat hairy dwarven mivox!!!
glocness

Postby Qwefg » 26 Sep 2013, 14:42

Iron Kingdom help recap.

The team managed to frighten the "toothpicks" but they are still more frightened by the Cryx (The undead pirates that own the island). They managed to found out that the Cryx are coming one day before their ships arrive. They also managed to find two valuable object that the Cryx wanted moved right away as they managed take the magical artifact that is a pendent with a dragon on it. They also found a crate full of 18 Magical Anti-Mage weapons which a country called Kador wants very much. After the team of adventurers went Mister Gibbles shouted that he only needed the dwarf and the item inside that day. Before they could get more information the explosion went off as the battle began as Mister Gibbles's first attack ended using a chainsaw of the elf's face scaring him. The battle continued as the freed lich finally came and threw the old highly unstable alchemy cortex that was taken from the adventures's jack and threw it at Mister Gibbles wrecking his armor forcing him to eject and flee.

Now only the enemy knight remains as the battle mage managed to get up the rope along with the 2nd valuable object the Cryx had which was a Mask with a history as a Crown of Power (Who ever wears it is in charge).

Will the team manage to find their stolen boss? Will they find the secret or value between these two artifacts? Can they even escape as the undead pirates shall arrive the very next day as their own ship will come the very next day? Will they even find out what the dwarf was looking for in this place? Are there any more Adventures left lurking ready to steal their prize?

Find out next time in Iron Kingdoms!
Qwefg

Postby glocness » 01 Oct 2013, 09:43

And so the Iron Kingdoms crew, after their near party wipe at the hands of Mr Gibbles and his combined mercinary force, licked their wounds (and their pride for they couldn't chase the mage who stole the mask artifact due to massive amounts of flame shooting down the hole barring our pursuit as well as charring the rope) and packed up shop to head for the surface to find a place to hole up, hide and wait for transport. Along the way, we discovered a 3 way brawl between toothpicks, some wierd laughing adventuring groups and some undead. We were able to slide around the battle into a side passage, slightly delaying our exit time but we evventually and finally made it to the surface, found some cover, camo'd the carts, fortified our cannons possition and began our wait. The next day, we began to hear fighting from the temple ruin and also spotted a fleet of ships off in the distance with a massive black storm riding behind them. At the same time, off at a 90 degree angle from the fleet, a solitary vessel, coming into the shore line, begining to change sail color to match the black fleet ahead of the storm. We had thought we were saved and that our ride had arrived JUST in time.......no such luck.
The sound of battle was now outside the temple ruin as a mass of undead minions were pushing a platform cart on which rode Mr Gibbles and some lady wearing the stolen mask, all surrounded by the red eyes insane laughing mixed adventuring parties. They must have spotted us, for a large troup of the possessed guys began marching towards us in formation. We set our 4 lady pirates and their leader to work with the cannon, trying to damage Mr Gibbles transportation while the rest of us focused on the aproaching threat. Suprised we were to find that when we dropped one possessed enemy, the others grew stronger! Simple solution; have our archer fire one of the remaining sleep gas bomb arrows, knock em down N out but not killing em. It worked to our relief (YAAAAAAAY! GOOD SIGN: something went right AND as planned :-) )
Now the fun part. Remember that demon a while back that got sucked into the chamber pot vortex after I stole NECROM from it and chopped off his hand, keeping it as a souvenier? Well, he was back, in the back of the formation, ushering the things on, still missing his right hand the Trollkin chopped off (I dubbed the demon RIGHTY). Words were exchanged between him and the Trollkin tank (who already had NECROM out and ready :-) ) and the battle began. As The Trollkin closed and began the melee with the demon, some kinda mer-man-salamander-like-fishy-thingy (everyone called it fishy....I just said I never ordered the lobster bisque!) popped out of the sand behind me and started spearing me with a trident. Our mechanic and his Jack were wreaking havoc on the surrounding minions, the archer was dividing his time between assisting with minions and sniping both Mr Gibbles and the lady with our mask.
Now, the Trollkin got pretty beat up (again....suprise! I GET KNOCKED DOWN.....you know the rest) but came back with a DEVASTATING critical hit that made the demons on other PLANES feel the hit (for those reading this in CFG that night, sorry for my groups noise, but this was a MONSTER HIT and I am NOT that good of a roller to begin with, so seeing a FULLY MAXED DAMAGE CRITICAL HIT....it was sumthin). The hammer not only DESTROYED this demon, but it litterally ATE him. How ironic is that; the weapon ate the creature that made it. HA! MINE NOW BOY!!! Then of course the Trollkin turned around to finish off the lobster bisque/fishy, who was apparently hired to hunt down and slay the pureblood troll that the Trollkin whacked earlier on and since he was the one that killed him, fishy now had to kill HIM to regain his aromatic fich-oil-smelling honor code.........didn't work. ALMOST DID (I GE......NO, BAD LURCH!!!), but we prevailed.
We ended the adventure with Mr Gibbles ship beaching, Mr Gibbles himself NARROWLY escaping into the ship, all the minions that were hauling the cart were now heading our way as a blockade, the lady with the mask is aboard as well, the ship has taken minimal damage and our ride is now where to be seen with the black fleet rapidly approaching (full of CRIX pirates who are NOT happy to see people on THEIR treasure stash island doing the obvious). Can our cannon get a lucky shot and beach/sink Mr Gibbles vessel before it gets out of range? Will our ride arrive in time (don't think so...might be time to abbandon the cannon and try to take control of the enemy ship.......farfignugen!)? Can we survive the horde in front of us as well as what's on the ship? Who knows. Tune in next time!

Also, personal question from the Trollkin: what will happen with NECROM now that it has not only a demons powers imbeded in it but now also has the demon ITSELF locked inside and bound to it? Could it POSSIBLY become more powerful? Scary thought.......
glocness

Next

Return to Role Playing Games