The Realms of Forgotten

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: The Realms of Forgotten

Postby Fireballin » 28 Aug 2013, 15:38

To Whom It May Concern:

Politeness is for jerks.

Sincerely,
Me
Fireballin

Postby bdcjacko » 29 Aug 2013, 11:25

Is there any movement, cause or society trying to fix this spell scarring I am hearing so much about?
bdcjacko

Postby Mammalpants » 29 Aug 2013, 12:14

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/O ... Blue_Flame There are these guys who see it as a holy thing and not a curse....best i can find. Otherwise seen as an abomination.
Mammalpants

Postby Mammalpants » 29 Aug 2013, 12:24

Also found this if it helps some.......

What do people think of Spellscars and those who have them?

As suggested by epelj1

As a broad rule of thumb, most people have a natural aversion to spellscars and those who possess them. While the spellplague happened almost a century ago, and few are alive to remember it, all have heard of the catastrophe it entailed. Entire cities leveled and destroyed in waves of azure fire, lands and people warped and changed into grotesqueties. While each individual person might have a different opinion about spellscars, I'll try to list some common reactions from different types of people;
Simple people: the uneducated, poor and superstitious are often leery of spellscars, just as they might be suspicious of those who wield arcane magic. They don't understand spellscars, and as it usually is, they fear what they cannot understand. Some even think that spellscars are infectious, and will shun those who bear them.
Powerful people: more knowledgable and educated in such things, those with power or knowledge often understand that there's nothing inherently dangerous about a spellscar, but may still be wary of those who posses them - simply because they give their wielders an unpredictable power.
Arcane casters: those who wield arcane magic are also those who are most curious about spellscars; while arcane casters were most sorely hurt as Mystra died and their magic often destroyed them from within, such thoughts are easily forgotten at the opportunity to examine or even posses a spellscar.
Divine casters: some divine casters considers spellscars an illness, but most are of varied opinions. Divine casters are a complex and different lot, and their opinions on spellscars vary from person to person.

The above does not mean that everyone will react that way, but it is the most common opinions. I hope this helps you in fleshing out how your character feels about your spellscar.

Will this affect our social skills?

Your spellscars are always visible (unless you cover them) but not greatly so when you're just conversating. You can make them flare and become more visible at will - but during combat and when manifesting your powers, they will always be clearly visible. They might alter someones initial opinion of you, making diplomacy harder at times, while almost always enhancing an intimidate check.
Mammalpants

Postby bdcjacko » 29 Aug 2013, 15:22

Well is there anyone that sees it as an ecological disaster?
bdcjacko

Postby Fireballin » 29 Aug 2013, 16:22

I'm sure there are sects that see it that way, considering that it physically damaged land in places.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Spellplague
Fireballin

Postby TKEpk247 » 04 Sep 2013, 07:10

I think it is quite reasonable to say that our characters who are spellscarred could hide their scars. With Fyro it would just look like another latent power line, if it was even showing through his armor. For Giovanni his robes could certainly hide it, unless there was another spellscarred individual. Anyone with a spellscar can sense whether another person is scarred, verrrry high DC to hide this from another spellscarred. If spellscars are visible then commoners will judge you quite harshly, nobles it depends on the individual. Again, we will have do determine placement for our people with them. Until we get further down the story line no one else should have or obtain a spellscar, already have a quarter of our group with one.... Would rather not give commoners reason to riot and kick you out of town...

Josh, I have no issue creating an ecological group to weave into the story line, let's talk about the options tonight. Bloody hippies.....
TKEpk247

Postby bdcjacko » 17 Sep 2013, 09:29

The other day you asked what we wanted to do. I want to go to the under dark and punch some dark elves.
bdcjacko

Postby Mammalpants » 17 Sep 2013, 15:14

I concur, lets burn some Drow
Mammalpants

Postby TKEpk247 » 18 Sep 2013, 06:42

All down for takin down some Drow, let's build up the party and get powerful enough to not die from one swing first though... Have to be realistic about these things.
TKEpk247

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games