40k Game Set-up (Still looking - feb 20th)

Tabletop miniature games. Discuss strategy and play times.

Re: 40k Game Set-up (Still looking - feb 20th)

Postby forrestfire » 24 Feb 2010, 15:02

I know I only need 500 points, but unless I can proxy an entire army past that, I won't be able to play past the first round (I'm poor at the moment).
forrestfire

Postby Bedwyr » 25 Feb 2010, 08:39

Like I said in the other post. You can borrow some of my minis if you need them. heck I have some old terminators you can have. The point of this league is just like Heath said, to get new players an opportunity to start an army from scratch and build it up. This is also to help the store as well. As you guys get more into the game you will want to buy more stuff and we reward you with points based on that. But I don't want someone to not play a game they enjoy because they can't buy the minis at this time. Thats why myself and the other organizer Derek have decided not to play in the league so we can help people with rules and such since we don't have anything vested in actually winning the event. Instead we can loan out armies and play against people if they need an opponent. Now you will need $10 to join the league but that is just to get in and will contribute to the prize pool. So please we want you to sign up guys and don't worry about the army situation. We cant get you units so you can play the game. I'm more than happy to leave some of my stuff at the store for people to use. (My painted armies wont stay) And if I am at the store I will happily let anyone use my armies if I am there. So I'm looking forward to seeing you guys there. Also I won't be able to play until Sunday and I will be there all day to officiate the league and maybe get some games in. I'm hoping it is crowded as I think this will be a great turnout. Also be on the look out for tournaments as well during the course of the league.
Bedwyr

Postby SBarrett » 28 Feb 2010, 11:57

I can play any time on the weekend. After 7pm any other day.

If you are looking for some marines, I've got a decent variety of stuff my younger brother left me. No terminators, sadly. So if you really needed stuff to play I'd be more than happy to help out.
SBarrett

Previous

Return to Miniature Games