Flames of War Escalation League

Tabletop miniature games. Discuss strategy and play times.

Flames of War Escalation League

Postby andrew » 03 Jan 2013, 12:58

For Discussion please visit:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/150504278354461/

FLAMES OF WAR ESCALATION LEAGUE

Our 10 Week FoW Escalation League begins Jan 6th, 2013, and will slowly progress through the months as new players, forces and points are added! This league is for players who have always wanted to try out FoW or for veterans eager to show the new guard how things are done. Games can be played at anytime during the span of the week (all you need to do is find another player in the league and schedule a game or two) and as the weeks pass, new forces will be added. Thus, an escalation league!

It looks like most games are played during the Late War Era for balance purposes and so that will be the focus of this league, however, I do have full rules for players interested in playing Early War Era and Mid War Era.

LATE WAR

Weeks 1-2 (600 pts)
Weeks 3-4 (800 pts)
Weeks 5-6 (1000 pts)
Weeks 7-8 (1250 pts)
Weeks 9-20 (1500 pts)

RULES

600-999 pts
No vehicle, plane, infantry or gun team with a AT rating of higher than 11
No vehicle with a front armor of higher than 7
1 Combat platoon instead of the normal minimum amount
Weapons and Support platoons are taken per the normal army list rules

1000-1499 pts
No vehicle, plane, infantry, or gun team with a AT rating higher than 13
No vehicle with a front armor of higher than 9
Standard army list rules

1500+
Standard army list rules

SCORING

Use the Victory Points table on pg. 195 of the main rulebook. Player's receive one additional point for each game they play if their army they are playing with is fully painted.

There will be a standings board in the store to track victory points and progression throughout our 10 week league.

The sign up sheet is at the register. The league costs $5 for the full 10 weeks and prize support will be offered at the end of the league.

Please post any comments, questions or suggestions below!

War is upon us. Will you answer the call?
andrew
Site Admin

Re: Flames of War Escalation League

Postby hitmangac » 07 Jan 2013, 18:11

I will be going to the store tomorrow Tuesday January 8th around 6pm to play with other players signed up in the League. I was not able to make it on Sunday, but will be coming on tomorrow. Let me know if you guys are going to be there. Thanks
-Greg
hitmangac

Postby charliezee » 08 Jan 2013, 13:27

Greg
What will your schedule be for the next few months? Will you have time to play in the afternoon during the week?
As most of us have more than 600 points to work with I'd like to play some games at the 800 point level now, if we can. Armies are more interesting to play at the 800 range.

Also-

It may be easier for new Flames of War players to simply play one of the armies contained in the large Open Fire box.
They can always skip the 600 point stage of play and move right into the 800 point range for the first month or so of the league and then add more platoons later.
The box contains one 830 point British Armoured Squadron with US Airborne support and one 790 point German Grenadier infantry company with support.
The armies are balanced and will make for a fun game on a smaller 4x4 foot battlefield.

Wayne and I (and Mike too is interested?) are working on the Early and Mid War desert front and will soon be playing games from that era.

I am glad more people are becoming interested in FOW.

Charlie
charliezee

Postby hitmangac » 08 Jan 2013, 14:31

Charlie,
My schedule would most likely be Tuesday evenings, Friday and Saturday afternoons as well. I will be at the store tonight to play people in the League. I will be there by 6-6:30pm. Would you be there tonight Charlie, do do know anyone else who would be there tonight? Also on another note, I will probably be getting that US 7th Armored Army Box Set from Blood, Guts, and Glory soon, still saving up for it. It is a good force, has Abrams, new tanks, and M7 Priests and gives me more units to make additional lists for my US Forces, giving me the ability to field better tank on tank companies. Also Charlie I don't have any Mid or Early War forces, so I can only do Late War battles. I don't plan on doing the other periods, probably build more Late War Forces, maybe start another nation, I don't know yet. So I can only play Late War, to let you know Hopefully I will see you tonight for the League.
Thanks,
-Greg
hitmangac

Postby charliezee » 08 Jan 2013, 15:40

I will be playing late war too and, will be painting some models and platoons from the newer books to round out what I have.
Most new players are building late war armies.
Madjack has late war so you should get plenty of games in which to use your force.
Wayne and I are doing the desert front because we like the history of the period and will play mid war and early, from time to time as well as late.
Charlie
charliezee

Postby ftaz » 18 Jan 2013, 16:40

Wk-2 game 1-18
800 points med war team game
US Greg 7pts
British Wayne 6 points
Germans Mike 3 pts
Germans Denny 3 pts
-Wayne
ftaz

Postby ftaz » 18 Jan 2013, 16:47

wk-1 game 1-6
600 pts late war
Mike 9 pts
Wayne 6 pts
Denny
Greg
Allen
Charlie
Last edited by ftaz on 18 Jan 2013, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
-Wayne
ftaz

Postby ftaz » 18 Jan 2013, 16:49

wk-1-11
Mike 4 pts
Greg
Denny
Charlie
-Wayne
ftaz

Postby hitmangac » 23 Jan 2013, 09:02

I won't be able to go to the store this Friday January 25th to play a League game, but may able to come on Sat. 26th to play a battle. Let me know if you guys can do that.
-Greg
hitmangac

Postby charliezee » 23 Jan 2013, 16:23

Sorry, Saturday will not be good for me this week.
Charlie
charliezee

Next

Return to Miniature Games