Flames of War in December

Tabletop miniature games. Discuss strategy and play times.

Flames of War in December

Postby charliezee » 07 Dec 2012, 01:53

Hi
We had a fun playing FOW on tuesday.

I would like to play another Flames of War doubles game soon.
Greg and I could run his US Armored company against Wayne and Mike with a company of their choice.
Perhaps we should exchange lists before the game so the contest will be balanced.
I can always make up a German armored company for Wayne and Mike to use.

What days and times can you play?

Madjack wants to drive down for a game or two before the holidays, so all of us should be able to play a couple of times -- doubles and singles matches-- before the end of the year.
Charlie
charliezee

Re: Flames of War in December

Postby hitmangac » 08 Dec 2012, 15:58

Hey guys,

Since my classes are winding down, it opens up more times for me to play. I can't do Monday 12/10 and Tuesday 12/11, but any day after those two days because I would be done with classes and finals on Wednesday 12/13, so any day and time after 12/11. Want to block out Fridays through Sundays because I typically work those days, but if I am not working or my hours work out, then maybe a weekend battle. So I can meet on 12/13 and any day next week because I would be done with classes, so my schedule is flexible. Let me know dates/times and I can make it work. I got the Blood, Guts, and Glory book, so in the near future, I will be fielding different US lists. Let me know the days/times to play because I am itching to get back into the fight.

Thanks,
-Greg
hitmangac

Postby charliezee » 13 Dec 2012, 19:29

Can we play next tuesday? Maybe in the afternoon so we can take our time.
I will bring 1750 points of Germans, a standard armor company.
After the battle we can talk about how we want to organize our future FOW game days.

Madjack and I are going to play FOW this weekend so I will talk to him about his plans at that time.

Charlie
charliezee

Postby hitmangac » 13 Dec 2012, 19:48

Charlie,
Anytime on next Tuesday December 18th 2012 can work for me. Let me know the time and I will be there with my same forces. Derek from CFG maybe playing with as well. As for the weekend, Sunday 12/16 doesn't work for me, but Saturday 12/15 will work if the time is in the afternoon. Let me know about those days soon so we can play.
-Greg
hitmangac

Postby charliezee » 14 Dec 2012, 00:46

I will come by the shop on tuesday, December 18th at one o'clock. I will tell Mike about the game. Wayne reads these messages so he will probably come by.
We can run Germans vs. your Americans.
We can deploy terrain that afternoon. I will bring some houses, and bridges to use if the players want to use rivers.
We can use the new Campaigns and Terrain PDF, published today on the Flames of War web page to set up the battlefield by dice roll if some of you would like.
Charlie
charliezee

Postby hitmangac » 14 Dec 2012, 16:13

Cool, I will be there at 1pm to join. I will be bringing my same forces.
hitmangac

Postby hitmangac » 19 Dec 2012, 11:49

Hello All,
Had a great time playing yesterday. Thanks to those who came. I most likely will be signing up on the Flames of War Escalation League. What I been told so far is that we meet to play other people who signed up and play when we can meet. As for a next meeting to play at Cape Fear Games, won't be able to do meet on the next two Tuesdays; 12/25/12 and 1/1/13. I can do any other day though and time. Weekends are still off limits for me because of work, but if I am not working one day, then maybe if it works for everyone else, that meet that said day. My classes start on 1/4/13, so it would be a tight schedule for me again when my classes start. I would like to get in another battle or two before the end of the year, if not, I will try to make it fit into my schedule next year. I will keep tabs on the rules and details of the Flames of War Escalation League. Charlie, thought about what you said yesterday about my force, a well balanced one, but for tank on tank, it is okay. I do what to get more units so I can make a good tank on tank force. This is what I am looking at to save for so I can make additional lists from Blood, Guts, and Glory; http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3579. This box set has tanks which I want for my Blood, Guts, and Glory lists and will be able to make additional companies using that box set, making companies good for against pretty much everything. Thanks for the advice on that. Like I said let me know dates/times to meet and I will try to make those dates/times work in my schedule. I am trying to get more into Flames of War again.
Thanks,
-Greg
hitmangac

Postby hitmangac » 28 Dec 2012, 21:59

Hello all,
If the store is open on Tuesday January 1st 2013, would you like to meet and play a battle then? Any time works for me. Let me know ASAP so I know if anyone else would be interested in playing.
Thanks,
-Greg
hitmangac

Postby hitmangac » 31 Dec 2012, 11:44

Hello all,

Found out that the store would be closed on Tuesday January 1st. I will be going to the store today to sign up for the Flames of War Escalation League. Let me know if you guys signed up as well.

Thanks,
-Greg
hitmangac

Return to Miniature Games