Flames of War game

Tabletop miniature games. Discuss strategy and play times.

Re: Flames of War game

Postby charliezee » 29 Dec 2011, 12:45

I will set up a Flames of War battlefield and deploy some of that company’s miniatures on the evening of Tuesday, January 10, 2012.

Because I am relatively new to the rules, it will be more of a display than a demonstration, although I can go through some of the simpler mechanics of the game system if someone is interested.
Stop by and take a look. If enough of you like what you see, maybe we can start a FOW group at Cape Fear Games.

Battlefront, the company that produces the Flames of War rules and miniatures, will publish the third edition of those rules in February 2012.
I want to wait until the new edition is available before I learn and play the rules in more detail.

In February, Battlefront will offer a free, small-sized, third edition rule book to anyone who owns a full-sized copy of the second edition. The details of the offer can be found on the Flames of War website.

Charlie
charliezee

Postby charliezee » 12 Jan 2012, 12:17

Thank you, Cape Fear Games, for encouraging me to display a Flames of War Battlefield last Tuesday evening.

One player showed definite interest and brought along an army of his own. Other players said they would be willing to learn the game. It was a good start for FOW.

I plan to run more FOW games at the store. I will do a stop-by-and-learn-the-rules battle in a few week for new players, probably a scenario from the FOW web page.
I will post the date of the game after I arrange a time with store management.
Charlie
charliezee

Postby heath » 16 Jan 2012, 17:21

Awesome I'm glad it was a success! We will be happy to advertise the meetups on our facebook page and in the cape fear games mini's facebook page.
heath
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Miniature Games