Popular Miniature Games?

Tabletop miniature games. Discuss strategy and play times.

Popular Miniature Games?

Postby CrimsonRambler » 02 Dec 2011, 01:46

Ive just recently gotten back into the hobby repainting some old miniatures I have. I'm not sure if I will get back into playing or not, but in case I do I wanted to know what games people are playing around here. Ive been out of the hobby about 13 or 14 years. I have a small army from Warhammer Fantasy, but I am not opposed to fielding a new army for a new game such as 40k or warmachine. I will probably stop in on a Sunday or Tuesday (I think those are your nights for minis) to maybe watch some games and get a feel for them. If anyone doesn't mind my watching games and maybe asking dumb questions, let me know what days and times you will be playing and I'll try to check out some new games.
CrimsonRambler

Re: Popular Miniature Games?

Postby heath » 02 Dec 2011, 17:06

Lately we have seen a huge surge in Warmachine and it seems the most popular at the moment. We also still have a lot of 40k/fantasy players. I know that someone is going to be working on doing a Flames of War demo in a few weeks so I hope we can get that game off the ground. Have you joined our facebook page also?
heath
Site Admin

Postby CrimsonRambler » 02 Dec 2011, 21:29

I did join the facebook page last night. What times do people usually play on Sunday or Tuesday? I'll probably drop by one of those days since I need to pick up a few more paints. I would like to watch a Warmachine game. I read bit about it online and it looks fun. I may be wrong but from what I can tell it looks like you have smaller armies than the warhammer games.
CrimsonRambler

Postby heath » 03 Dec 2011, 09:36

Typically after 5pm but I would also join the capefeargames warmahordes group and see if they are talking about meeting up. Also you can just post in there and say your looking to learn how to play and I'm sure someone would be willing to teach you. All of those guys are super nice and helpful and want new local players.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/150504278354461/
heath
Site Admin

Postby CrimsonRambler » 03 Dec 2011, 13:18

thanks a lot
CrimsonRambler

Return to Miniature Games