Play testers needed for War in Europe development

Board Game Night every Thursday at 5pm. Everyone is welcome and it's always free.

Play testers needed for War in Europe development

Postby Breakthru » 29 Aug 2011, 10:10

Decision Games is working on a new issue of the board-game version of War in Europe. They are asking for groups of four play testers who can test new features & participate in discussions w/ them to report results for a year. If you have played it, you know that it takes a long time to play a campaign, & you have to leave it set up from session to session. I have the existing board game, & a safe place to leave it set up, but it would be somewhat inconvenient, so a player who can provide a good place to play would especially welcome. Specific experience w/ WiE not required, but experience w/ WWII hex board games would be good. I'm trying to organize a group of 4, so please respond if interested.
Breakthru

Re: Play testers needed for War in Europe development

Postby heath » 30 Aug 2011, 20:15

The local board game group might be interested. You can find them here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wilmingtonbg/
heath
Site Admin

Postby Breakthru » 31 Aug 2011, 09:35

Thanks, Heath. I applied for group membership yesterday. I'll post that as soon as the moderator approves me.
Breakthru

Postby heath » 31 Aug 2011, 14:10

Some of us are getting together at the store tonight and tomorrow night for some board games if you want to come by. I'm not sure if you come to the board game nights already but I wanted to make sure you knew that you were invited.
heath
Site Admin

Postby cparrott » 31 Aug 2011, 14:57

Hi Breakthru,

I've approved you for our board game group. Good thing I caught Heath's email because Yahoo hadn't sent me an email with your join request.

We have a pretty active group of wargamers in the the group though all of us pretty much cross over to other games as well, mainly euro games. As far as playtesting WiE, I'd probably like to, but doubt I can commit the time needed especially for a monster like WiE. I played back in my youger days, even had a copy oh so many years ago. But if you do want to get in on some wargaming just let the group know and several us will be more than accomodating.

Chuck
cparrott

Postby Breakthru » 02 Sep 2011, 06:19

Heath:

Thanks for the invitation. I could not make it last night, but intend to stop by on future Thursdays.

Chuck:

Thanks for getting me into the group. I've organized groups to play WiE & War in the East for years, & found that the only way to manage multisession games like those is to have partners for key positions so only 1 of then has to show up each session. I noticed DG wants groups of at least 4 for board WiE testing when the minimum needed is 3, so they are thinking about backup, too. The upshot is that you don't have to attend every session. I hope to meet you soon.

Asa
Breakthru

Postby Breakthru » 14 Sep 2011, 09:15

I have moved this discussion to Wilmington Board Game group.

Asa
Breakthru

Return to Board Games