Questions About Cape Fear Games

Anything gaming related.

Questions About Cape Fear Games

Postby TheCreator » 26 Dec 2009, 23:08

Hello All,
My mother, dad, brothers, and me are moving to Wilmington North Carolina in the next upcoming week. So, I searched on google, and found this website then drove by, and saw it a few days ago.

Well, my first real question is I seen that youns had a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament thing not to long ago, and I was wondering if you would be having another one soon?

My second question is do you have to pay a fee to visit, and go in, etc cape fear games? Also, my mom and dad said they wanted to check the store out before they let me go in there, and just drop me off there, so is there any time they can like come in, and like just look around and maybe talk to the store owner? OR manager? Another thing I was wondering is if you guys where I've played yu-gi-oh a whole bunch of my life, and never heard, or played a lot of the other games the website says this store has to offer, and was wondering if everyone was beginner friendly to people who have never played.

Well thanks for taking the time to read this. Also, if this is in the wrong section I'm really sorry, and hope you can get it moved so I can get better answers.
Hope you all have a great holidays!!!

-TC
TheCreator

Re: Questions About Cape Fear Games

Postby heath » 27 Dec 2009, 09:55

Welcome to the forums. I'm typing this from my phone so please excuse any typos.

There is a yugioh tourney this Sunday and you can see what all is coming up by clicking the calender on the homepage. You can come in and play anytime for free but the tournaments have an entry fee for prize support. Your parents are more than welcome to talk to me or Andrew about the store. We do our best to keep the store family friendly and so far most players have done a great job helping us keep it that way.
heath
Site Admin

Postby TheCreator » 27 Dec 2009, 14:42

heath wrote:Welcome to the forums. I'm typing this from my phone so please excuse any typos.

There is a yugioh tourney this Sunday and you can see what all is coming up by clicking the calender on the homepage. You can come in and play anytime for free but the tournaments have an entry fee for prize support. Your parents are more than welcome to talk to me or Andrew about the store. We do our best to keep the store family friendly and so far most players have done a great job helping us keep it that way.

Thank you for your nice, and quick reply.

You said that there was a tourney coming up, and I went to the website main page so I could see the calender, and couldn't find anything about one coming up. I maybe in the wrong place, and look on today's, and next month's calender.

Here is the link I went to. http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?sr ... a/New_York

If you could tell me if I'm in the wrong place, and if i am, send me in the right direction? Thank you for your time, and nice response. :)

-TC
TheCreator

Postby heath » 27 Dec 2009, 16:55

I'm sorry I meant the tournament is today. I'm still out of town but we will probably have a tournament on Saturday at 3 next week. If you get a chance swing by the shop today with your parents to see what it's like. Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.
heath
Site Admin

Postby TheCreator » 27 Dec 2009, 21:16

heath wrote:I'm sorry I meant the tournament is today. I'm still out of town but we will probably have a tournament on Saturday at 3 next week. If you get a chance swing by the shop today with your parents to see what it's like. Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.

oh, ok. :)

Well, my parents, and I are moving to our house, to live, down in Wilmington tomorrow afternoon. . So we will probably drive by, and come in sometime before next Saturday. On the any of the tournaments,on any of the games, do you pay before hand, or on that day?

Again thanks for your time, and answering my questions. :-)

-TC
TheCreator

Postby andrew » 12 Jan 2010, 12:36

Hi,

For Tournaments, you pay the day of. At the moment, Yu-gi-oh tournaments are $5 to enter, and that money goes towards prizes. For other games, you can bring your own in and play for free on our tables. Or check out one from our free Game Library. As our calendar shows, we have board game night every Thursday from 6-11pm. Drop in anytime and learn a new game, they are very open to new players. I look forward to talking with you (if I haven't already) when you visit the store.
andrew
Site Admin

Return to General