FNM

Anything gaming related.

FNM

Postby Ghutz » 03 Nov 2009, 21:24

I know that there are quite a few players in the area that are eager to attend a Friday Night Magic. Are you planning on having one this weekend? If you are, what time will it start, and what will be the cost?

Thank you!

Craig
Ghutz

Re: FNM

Postby andrew » 04 Nov 2009, 17:16

Ghutz wrote:I know that there are quite a few players in the area that are eager to attend a Friday Night Magic. Are you planning on having one this weekend? If you are, what time will it start, and what will be the cost?

Hi Craig,
Welcome to the forums. Currently, our TO status is Gateway. We have to raise it to Core before we can hold FNM. This Friday we are going to hold a Sanctioned Standard Tournament even though it won't be officially a FNM. 6:00pm registration, 6:30pm start time. Cost will be $6 to help cover prizes. Email us at info@capefeargames.com or call us 910.798.6006 for more information.

In order to raise our level to Core we have to: (in the previous 12 months)
Hold 4 Sanctioned Tournaments (3 are currently scheduled, Friday the 6th, Wednesday (Draft) the 11th, and Friday (Standard) the 13th.)
Have 6 new players sign up with DCI numbers and play in a tournament.
Hold a tournament with at least 12 players.
Have 30 unique players play in sanctioned tournaments.

Once we reach Core we can hold FNM as well as same day sanctioning (we currently need to sanction 7 days in advance).

I hope to see you Friday,

Andrew
andrew
Site Admin

Postby andrew » 12 Nov 2009, 12:45

andrew wrote:
Ghutz wrote:I know that there are quite a few players in the area that are eager to attend a Friday Night Magic. Are you planning on having one this weekend? If you are, what time will it start, and what will be the cost?

Hi Craig,
Welcome to the forums. Currently, our TO status is Gateway. We have to raise it to Core before we can hold FNM. This Friday we are going to hold a Sanctioned Standard Tournament even though it won't be officially a FNM. 6:00pm registration, 6:30pm start time. Cost will be $6 to help cover prizes. Email us at info@capefeargames.com or call us 910.798.6006 for more information.

In order to raise our level to Core we have to: (in the previous 12 months)
Hold 4 Sanctioned Tournaments (3 are currently scheduled, Friday the 6th, Wednesday (Draft) the 11th, and Friday (Standard) the 13th.)
Have 6 new players sign up with DCI numbers and play in a tournament.
Hold a tournament with at least 12 players.
Have 30 unique players play in sanctioned tournaments.

Once we reach Core we can hold FNM as well as same day sanctioning (we currently need to sanction 7 days in advance).

I hope to see you Friday,

Andrew

To update you on our status, we have completed 2 of 4 tournaments, have had 12 or 13 new players sign up with DCI numbers, had great turnouts of 18 and 14 for tournaments and have had 26 unique players play in sanctioned tournaments.

To reach core, we need to finish the Standard tournament on Friday (6:30, 6:00pm registration) and the draft on Saturday (5pm, 4:30pm registration) and have 4 players who haven't played in an event at Cape Fear Games before. Then we can start running FNMs.

Great job so far on the turnouts, they have been big successes so far.
andrew
Site Admin

Postby zahori » 12 Nov 2009, 20:53

Might want to add in the time it will take for WotC to update you in their system. It won't be instantaneous, and you'll likely have to wait until the next month's batch of FNM to get the FNM Promos and swag.
http://twitter.com/modozahori
zahori on MTGO and relevant message boards
Oscar
zahori

Postby andrew » 14 Nov 2009, 09:52

zahori wrote:Might want to add in the time it will take for WotC to update you in their system. It won't be instantaneous, and you'll likely have to wait until the next month's batch of FNM to get the FNM Promos and swag.

The deadline to schedule is the 15th of the month prior. They went ahead and bumped us up to Core based on our recent tournament success. We have three FNMs scheduled for December, every Friday except for Christmas. They will all be Standard.
andrew
Site Admin

Postby zahori » 14 Nov 2009, 13:25

awesome! great job :D
http://twitter.com/modozahori
zahori on MTGO and relevant message boards
Oscar
zahori

Postby MunsonRoyE » 16 Nov 2009, 12:46

What, no FNM love for us drafters?
MunsonRoyE

Postby andrew » 17 Nov 2009, 15:45

MunsonRoyE wrote:What, no FNM love for us drafters?

We can have FNM in any of the formats allowed, just have to plan ahead in advance. I hear at least one vote for some Drafts in January. Any other thoughts?
It's all about what the people will play. I'm ok to schedule/judge any event.
andrew
Site Admin

Postby Spirrow » 18 Nov 2009, 00:37

I'm interested in some Drafts come January.
Spirrow

Postby cpage01 » 18 Nov 2009, 10:35

I am of the opinion that when you start doing draft FNM's the overall interest level for magic drops. Sure you come in every friday and draft, but then there's no real constructed outlets. You start selling the cards you drafted to participate in the next draft, and thats it. Overall demand in singles declines heavily because there are no real tournaments to play them in.
cpage01

Next

Return to General