Board Game Night?

Anything gaming related.

Board Game Night?

Postby forrestfire » 16 Nov 2009, 18:23

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I was looking at the calender for events at Cape Fear Games, and I saw that every Thursday night is designated as "board game night."

What exactly does board game night entail? Is it "traditional" (I guess you could call them that) games like scrabble or risk? Is it for board games with models included ala Space Hulk? Or is it for miniatures games such as Warhammer or Flames of War? (or a combination of all three)

I just wanted to check so that I can make plans to come down sometime.

-FF
forrestfire

Re: Board Game Night?

Postby heath » 16 Nov 2009, 22:39

Typically we play "euro style" games like the ones found on boardgamegeek.com. We play games like Puerto Rico, Agricola, ticket to ride, steam, le havre, etc but of course your welcome to play any game you want there also. If someone wanted to play monopoly or scrabble that would be totally fine of course. Here is a link to the local group's page. http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wilmingtonbg/ They are all great people and love to introduce the games to new people. Let me know if you have any other questions about it and we usually start at 6pm on Thursdays and it is free to come play.
heath
Site Admin

Postby kinga65 » 22 Dec 2009, 09:24

Hey All,

Because the store will be closed for the holidays, we are planning on having our board game night on Wednesday 12/23 this week. We usually get started around 6:30 pm or so.
kinga65

Postby kinga65 » 22 Dec 2009, 09:29

Heath/Andrew,

You guys should update the calendar for our boardgame night. I believe you said that the store would be closed Thursday and Friday.
kinga65

Postby heath » 22 Dec 2009, 13:42

I fixed the calender thanks for the heads up.
heath
Site Admin

Postby forrestfire » 23 Dec 2009, 22:22

So, I came to board game night tonight (I was the one with the tan hoodie), and I had a very enjoyable experience. I learned how to play Settlers of Catan, talked with some people about stuff, and generally had a good time.

I just wanted to make that known.
forrestfire

Postby Duelist » 24 Dec 2009, 16:30

Yeah I can't wait to get back in town and start with the board game group again.
"What's a mind flayer?"
"First, picture a mind."
"Okay."
"Now FLAY THAT #$&@"
Duelist

Postby heath » 24 Dec 2009, 21:34

forrestfire wrote:So, I came to board game night tonight (I was the one with the tan hoodie), and I had a very enjoyable experience. I learned how to play Settlers of Catan, talked with some people about stuff, and generally had a good time.

I just wanted to make that known.

I'm really glad that you had a good time. Settlers of catan was the first euro style game I played and how I got into board games. I hope you are able to make it again and it was nice meeting you.
heath
Site Admin

Return to General