What do you want us to carry?

Anything gaming related.

What do you want us to carry?

Postby heath » 20 Oct 2009, 13:50

What games would you like for us to carry?
heath
Site Admin

Re: What do you want us to carry?

Postby Pakatus » 22 Oct 2009, 05:08

Hi heath,

I'm a long time customer of your mtgotraders, and i would love to see the same quality of service in Yu-gi-oh Online.

Deul passes + singles cards + shop credits would be awesome.

I will be stoping by to see feedback to this :)
Pakatus

Postby zahori » 23 Oct 2009, 01:00

Hi Heath!

I am very happy to find out you are going to fill the gaming void in ILM!
I really look forward to playing at your store.

I'm a Magic player, so that's all I'm really interested in.

I'll just offer my two cents on the things I have enjoyed at stores I have been in:

1. Move your singles(cards) inventory well. Make it easy for your customers to buy singles off you by having it in display or accessible. Don't overprice, but don't sink your prices such that your customers are ripping you off. I like fair deals for my cards if selling and good deals when buying :D.
2. For your organized play, be organized. Start events on time, keep a timer for rounds, don't drag things too long. I haven't used DCI Reporter in a bit, but I know it can be tricky at times, so try to spend some time familiarizing yourself with it so that you can use its features well.
3. Make the play area a place I want to be in, not the place I have to put up with to play.

Best of luck! I'll be there when you open!
http://twitter.com/modozahori
zahori on MTGO and relevant message boards
Oscar
zahori

Postby heath » 23 Oct 2009, 09:13

Pakatus wrote:Hi heath,

I'm a long time customer of your mtgotraders, and i would love to see the same quality of service in Yu-gi-oh Online.

Deul passes + singles cards + shop credits would be awesome.

I will be stoping by to see feedback to this :)

We just hired a guy that ran yugioh tournaments for a few years so we will be working on yugioh. I must admit I know little about it and mostly specialize in MTG but we are going to try to sell singles if possible depending on the market in our area. Thanks for joining the forums and please keep checking back.
heath
Site Admin

Postby heath » 23 Oct 2009, 09:18

zahori wrote:Hi Heath!

I am very happy to find out you are going to fill the gaming void in ILM!
I really look forward to playing at your store.

I'm a Magic player, so that's all I'm really interested in.

I'll just offer my two cents on the things I have enjoyed at stores I have been in:

1. Move your singles(cards) inventory well. Make it easy for your customers to buy singles off you by having it in display or accessible. Don't overprice, but don't sink your prices such that your customers are ripping you off. I like fair deals for my cards if selling and good deals when buying :D.
2. For your organized play, be organized. Start events on time, keep a timer for rounds, don't drag things too long. I haven't used DCI Reporter in a bit, but I know it can be tricky at times, so try to spend some time familiarizing yourself with it so that you can use its features well.
3. Make the play area a place I want to be in, not the place I have to put up with to play.

Best of luck! I'll be there when you open!

Hey! Really great feedback I appreciate it.
1. We are selling all of our singles on computer terminals in the store. To order you use a terminal and place your order and select store pickup for delivery. This ensures the inventory is not messed up and makes ordering much more streamlined. Of course if you would like to see a card before you order we will be happy to show it to you but this should allow for multiple people to order cards at once and we have all the cards in folders sorted by set/rarity/color which makes it very for us to fufill your order in a fast manner. Our prices will be very competitive since we are selling both online and in the store.
2. Great feedback! Andrew the store manager is a lvl 1 judge so we will be having our first sanctioned event hopefully on friday the 5th of november. If you want to stop by sometime and give us some tips I would love to hear your opinion on some things.
3. Can't agree more. Our play space is HUUUUGE. We can seat over 70(which would be crowded) but obviously that will rarely happen and we will have ample play space. Our store is very well lit and will be a clean family friendly environment. Check our facebook page for a few pictures of the play space so far.
heath
Site Admin

Postby andrew » 23 Oct 2009, 12:12

heath wrote:2. Great feedback! Andrew the store manager is a lvl 1 judge so we will be having our first sanctioned event hopefully on friday the 5th of november. If you want to stop by sometime and give us some tips I would love to hear your opinion on some things.

Small correction, the 6th of November, we have submitted a sanction request for our first tournament, with a Standard format.
andrew
Site Admin

Postby zahori » 23 Oct 2009, 16:35

Just wanted to say that you guys should do your best to attract the Yugioh crowd. Even though its not my cup of tea, it seemed to me like there were more YG players than Magic players actively playing in the FB playroom over the last few years. (Part of that was the lackluster Magic support) I think the YG crowd is probably your target demographic of young people looking for an entertainment outlet. It is also a good gateway game to Magic and other board games. I'm not sure what type of advertising would reach these people to let them know that you are open, but if you can spread the word out to them it will probably be a positive thing.

I've been a bit off the magic radar for the last few months, but I am definitely hopeful that you guys will do well.
http://twitter.com/modozahori
zahori on MTGO and relevant message boards
Oscar
zahori

Postby Tekore » 23 Oct 2009, 17:15

Any chance that you might carry the Games Workshop products, such as Warhammer Fantasy Battles and Warhammer 40,000?
Tekore

Postby heath » 24 Oct 2009, 14:08

Tekore wrote:Any chance that you might carry the Games Workshop products, such as Warhammer Fantasy Battles and Warhammer 40,000?

We are going to carry that and we are going to hopefully start on our playing area next week. Chris one of our employee's knows a lot more about I do about it and is going to help to make sure you all have a nice terrain. I do look forward to learning more about it as it looks like a really fun game.(warhammer)
heath
Site Admin

Postby Edurealms » 25 Oct 2009, 07:16

Variety is always a good thing. There's a fairly sizeable group of MtG players from the Hampstead area that are very interested in having a place to play sanctioned play. Also, I think that we'd love to see a variety of formats, too. We've been doing booster drafts in my home (but it's beginning to get crowded) so a space better designed for this sort of thing will be very welcomed.

Again, glad you guys are opening up!

-Lucas
Edurealms

Next

Return to General