What do you want us to carry?

Anything gaming related.

Re: What do you want us to carry?

Postby andrew » 25 Oct 2009, 09:05

That's great to hear. We are having our first sanctioned tournament November 6th. The format will be Standard. Once we get up and running, I will work on starting booster drafts.
andrew
Site Admin

Postby Ghutz » 25 Oct 2009, 15:48

I am very excited to see that you are opening up and providing fnm. I also look forward to prereleases and drafts. Are you planning on having more casual competition, such as an EDH league?

I can't wait to check out the store in a few weeks; The pictures on facebook look great.

Craig
Ghutz

Postby andrew » 26 Oct 2009, 20:20

Ghutz wrote:I am very excited to see that you are opening up and providing fnm. I also look forward to prereleases and drafts. Are you planning on having more casual competition, such as an EDH league?

Hi Craig, welcome to the forums. We will be getting FNMs going as soon as we are able to have them. Same with Prereleases. As for drafts, we can start those as soon as the product comes in and we get open.
As for more casual competition, we will be able to hold whichever leagues the community would like. An EDH league is definitely possible. Thank you for your input.
andrew
Site Admin

Postby faustusdoc213 » 27 Oct 2009, 20:56

Since Fanboy dropped table space and support for WH40K and WHFB, I've been looking for a place to play. And buy paint. May I suggest besides having events for Warhammer and carrying products, a time scheduler? Nothing fancy, something like a whiteboard that you can write the player's name, game, and time on, so you know they're coming, and have a table open. Tabletop gamers know we're not the biggest moneymaker for you (that's the Cardgame people), but knowing that we can call and schedule a game with a friend/fellow nerd would be great.

All Fun & Games in Apex, NC uses the whiteboard, and they have several Warhammer and Warmachine gamers that are fiercely loyal because of it.

And Warhammer 40K and FB campaigns would be great as well.
faustusdoc213

Postby heath » 28 Oct 2009, 10:45

faustusdoc213 wrote:Since Fanboy dropped table space and support for WH40K and WHFB, I've been looking for a place to play. And buy paint. May I suggest besides having events for Warhammer and carrying products, a time scheduler? Nothing fancy, something like a whiteboard that you can write the player's name, game, and time on, so you know they're coming, and have a table open. Tabletop gamers know we're not the biggest moneymaker for you (that's the Cardgame people), but knowing that we can call and schedule a game with a friend/fellow nerd would be great.

All Fun & Games in Apex, NC uses the whiteboard, and they have several Warhammer and Warmachine gamers that are fiercely loyal because of it.

Yes that sounds like a great idea. What happens when someone else shows up that is not on the scheduler and they want to play? What brand paint do you and your friends typically use? We will be carrying warhammer and we are willing to expand how much we carry depending on demand.
heath
Site Admin

Postby joekewwl » 28 Oct 2009, 14:40

Hi heath, while im not in the area, Upstate Ny is pretty far, I do know alittle about game shops.
Are you planning on carrying D&D products?
I see your going to be doing Warhammer, which is great, so I didnt know if your gonna carry things like mintures for D&D, rule boooks, etc etc.
Not sure if thats a big thing there for you or not. Just a thought.
Also, are you going to have PC's for rent for people to play games on, online or off. this might also let folks play MTGO in your store too.
I know that is something up here in NY that the shops do.
I hoe all goes well for you guys. Good Luck. - Joe
joekewwl

Postby heath » 28 Oct 2009, 15:04

joekewwl wrote:Hi heath, while im not in the area, Upstate Ny is pretty far, I do know alittle about game shops.
Are you planning on carrying D&D products?
I see your going to be doing Warhammer, which is great, so I didnt know if your gonna carry things like mintures for D&D, rule boooks, etc etc.
Not sure if thats a big thing there for you or not. Just a thought.
Also, are you going to have PC's for rent for people to play games on, online or off. this might also let folks play MTGO in your store too.
I know that is something up here in NY that the shops do.
I hoe all goes well for you guys. Good Luck. - Joe

Thanks Joe! We do have 3 pc's setup with 1gig video ram + 22inch WS monitors for gaming. We are still evaluating on how much D&D we want to carry and I have a store owner that quit driving down to show me what all he has left.
heath
Site Admin

Postby andrew » 28 Oct 2009, 20:32

heath wrote:
faustusdoc213 wrote:Since Fanboy dropped table space and support for WH40K and WHFB, I've been looking for a place to play. And buy paint. May I suggest besides having events for Warhammer and carrying products, a time scheduler? Nothing fancy, something like a whiteboard that you can write the player's name, game, and time on, so you know they're coming, and have a table open. Tabletop gamers know we're not the biggest moneymaker for you (that's the Cardgame people), but knowing that we can call and schedule a game with a friend/fellow nerd would be great.

Yes that sounds like a great idea. What happens when someone else shows up that is not on the scheduler and they want to play? What brand paint do you and your friends typically use? We will be carrying warhammer and we are willing to expand how much we carry depending on demand.

If we don't have a whiteboard, we will have some kind of equivalent. Most likely, it will be a digital calendar, so everyone can see it, regardless of if you are at the shop or not. However, having the daily calendar on a whiteboard in the store might also work. Also, we have lots of space, so having a section for Warhammer, while others are playing/trading Magic, while a third group plays an impromptu board game might also be viable.
andrew
Site Admin

Postby Ibacai » 01 Nov 2009, 17:38

andrew wrote:
Ghutz wrote:I am very excited to see that you are opening up and providing fnm. I also look forward to prereleases and drafts. Are you planning on having more casual competition, such as an EDH league?

Hi Craig, welcome to the forums. We will be getting FNMs going as soon as we are able to have them. Same with Prereleases. As for drafts, we can start those as soon as the product comes in and we get open.
As for more casual competition, we will be able to hold whichever leagues the community would like. An EDH league is definitely possible. Thank you for your input.

Yes, an EDH league would be fantastic. Just bounced into it myself recently with Craig there and it's a blast. I love the fact that it's not always about winning but doing amazing things during the course of the game.

And as other have put it here a variety of games, formats, and play times is always a plus. I know this will be hard for you and your staff but you should know that a lot of us in Wilmington have been waiting on a store like this to open up. There's a been a void for a while now. So just let us know what we can do to help out as well.
Ibacai

Postby faustusdoc213 » 01 Nov 2009, 18:53

Any kind of scheduling system would be great. The only purpose of it is to keep you from getting surprised by a bunch of people on a random night, or to make sure tabletop gamers know that there's a scheduled MTG tourney or something.

Carrying a wide range of games/products is good. May I suggest specialized game days like a "board game night" "40K/WHFB/Warmachine night" "MTG night" as a way of getting players in the door for more non-event playtime. people in the store=$$$ Also, since you seem to be carrying many types of games, catering to the homeschool crowd with a game time in the afternoons may bring in more business.

And snacks. Sell snacks. Candy bars, sodas, granola bars(won't sell, but my wife is reading over my shoulder and "say something healthy" came out), bottled water, chips, etc. It's a gold mine. And I am totally in trouble right now.

I'm a transplant to the Wilmington area, but I was here long enough to see Time to Game go down in flames, and don't want that to happen again. Whoever said there's a void here is right. A gaming store has been lacking in the area for a while.

Oh, one more thing. Have a wishlist system for players for the holidays. Serviously. It can just be paper. Have a kid/adult write what they want on the sheet, file it under their name. Kid's parents come in because the player told them to, and boom, you have a ready-made list of stuff to sell them, tailored to their kid.
faustusdoc213

PreviousNext

Return to General