What do you want us to carry?

Anything gaming related.

Re: What do you want us to carry?

Postby heath » 01 Nov 2009, 21:22

I appreciate all the tips and please if you have more I would love to hear them. I visited time to game a few times and got a draft in once and it seemed like a nice place but very bad location. When you visit our store hopefully you will see that we are going for a very family friendly feeling without alienating the hardcore crowd. If your passing by sometime before we are open and you see us in there working feel free to stop by and say hi and tell us what you think of what we have done so far. I'm open to any and all ideas and we are here to serve you guys.
heath
Site Admin

Postby bingo » 02 Nov 2009, 11:14

Just wanted to say good luck on the store

Well i a bit late on the advice, only thing i can add is try not to be too geeky (for want of a better word) so the parents are too scared to enter the shop, as in the end they have the money. :D
bingo

Postby cparrott » 03 Nov 2009, 12:30

Lots of great suggestions for Heath and Andrew. I've been at the store a few times now and I can say it will be a great place for gamers in the Wilmington area. We've needed a place for gamers ever since TtG shut its doors and CFG is going to be the spot. It's in a great location and is already looking terrific.

Another poster mentioned specialized gaming nights and we have already started boardgaming on Thursdays at the store that has gone over well. We have a regular group in Wilmington that has been playing for several years now and has grown slowly over that time. With the store we hope to grow it further. Heath and Andrew are already stocking an excellent selection of popular games and our group is always ready to teach the games to anyone who wants to learn. We've got our fingers crossed that we'll be celebrating CFG's grand opening with open boardgaming this Thursday the 5th. Come on in and join in a game or two!

We have a yahoo group where we post regularly about sessions, new games and upcoming events. http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wilmingtonbg/ Anyone interested is welcome to join.

Chuck
Wilmington Boardgame Group
cparrott

Postby daveilm » 08 Nov 2009, 17:14

Prices are great. Store is nice and clean, tables are clean and not sticky. First MTG tournament went off like they had done a hundred of them, more than I can say about Jacksonville events. Prizes were way better than Jacksonville too.

Congrats on the store, it will be my home away from home.

Cheers!
daveilm

Postby Julian » 08 Nov 2009, 17:43

Hey all,

Stopped in your store the other day and have to say i love that i just moved here and a new store is opening up with all the hobby games i enjoy. If someone is running an rpg game be it DnD or Gurps or whitewolf its always nice to have those game books available, but if a game is being played its only gonna sell a few copies of each different book. I just moved here and would like to be apart of a pen and paper game but quite honestly its not the game so much as the group.

The biggest thing to pen and paper players though is the minis. If there are minis available people will buy them to use in their games. Nice thing about minis is they are universal for the most part and can substitute for any type of pen and paper. If you're gonna put anything in the store for pen and paper players, my vote is on minis :o)
Julian

Postby heath » 08 Nov 2009, 21:13

I appreciate the feedback and compliments. If you have any ideas of things we could do to improve your visits please let us know. Once we get the rest of our shelving in we will be able to carry a much more extensive line of games and I apologize that the inventory is somewhat shabby at the moment. We do have some used and new mini's in that we are working on pricing but your welcome to look through them. Again the gaming community here has been wonderful so far and I appreciate all the help.
heath
Site Admin

Postby Troposfear » 26 Nov 2009, 16:49

Hi Heath!

Was impressed when I went by the store the other night. I really was surprised to see how much D&D stuff you had. And the video game inspired board games were also nice to see (WoW, AoE), as I'm a PC gamer much more than I am a board/card gamer.

I'd love to see retail D&D mini versions sold, and perhaps some D&D kits (starters or adventure kits, maybe some tile kits). You had plenty of great minis, but I think many of the collectors/players like the full packages. Great to see the dice and pieces with plenty of variety. There were plenty of books as well, which I was drooling over.

Keep it up!
Robb
Troposfear

Postby sk8mafia910 » 04 Dec 2009, 09:51

do you guys buy cards?
sk8mafia910

Postby andrew » 04 Dec 2009, 09:55

sk8mafia910 wrote:do you guys buy cards?

Yes, we buy Magic Singles, we currently use, SCG's buylist (http://www.starcitygames.com/pages/buylist.php) until we can get our own together.
andrew
Site Admin

Postby Belirahc » 14 Dec 2009, 13:01

This will be my first post here, so bear with me as I get my head on straight.

I came to the store this past weekend and I must say I was impressed. I was amazed at the board game selection that I saw (most I have not seen anywhere other than a catalog or website), and while the RPG selection was a little thin, I understand that the store is still working on getting up and going in that direction. I was also astonished when I saw the 'game shelf' where you could rent out a game a play it. Very nice idea, and I'm sure one that will help sales in the future.

Personally, I'd like to see a bit more in the RPG sections, although having White Wolf on the shelf is a good start. I'd like to recommend a couple of companies that you might consider stocking, even if on a trial basis: Ad Astra Games (Attack Vector: Tactical and Saganami Island Tactical Simulator) and Worldworks Games (cardstock gaming scenery for RPGs and miniature battles as well as rpg supplements). Ad Astra is still small, although their design for AV:T and SITS are amazingly simple for such a complex idea, but Worldworks has been around for a while and is growing very quickly.

I'll be visiting more after the new year when money is less tight. I'm even considering making the board game nights soon, as I have a few that I have been aching to play but no one willing to learn them.

Until next time...
Erich
Belirahc

PreviousNext

Return to General