LAN?

Anything gaming related.

LAN?

Postby Lemons » 17 Apr 2010, 08:02

I was wondering if you guys hold LAN events? or if you have specific lan days where people come to play pc games and stuff?
Lemons

Re: LAN?

Postby heath » 17 Apr 2010, 08:24

This is not something we are doing yet but we do have plans for starcraft 2 tournaments. We are also giving away 2 starcraft 2 beta keys this thursday if your interested. What PC games do you play?
heath
Site Admin

Postby Lemons » 17 Apr 2010, 09:52

I play starcraft warcraft 3 and starcraft 2. When would the tournaments start? for sc2? And is it bring your own pc? What are the specifics on thursday?
Lemons

Postby heath » 17 Apr 2010, 15:51

Lemons wrote:I play starcraft warcraft 3 and starcraft 2. When would the tournaments start? for sc2? And is it bring your own pc? What are the specifics on thursday?

We have 3 gaming pc's setup but yes you could bring your own pc if you wanted. I don't have any details yet but if your a big lan gamer I would love to hear some suggestions.
heath
Site Admin

Postby kevinmajere » 17 May 2010, 13:59

God yes, this is a must! I lived in Seattle and we had Monthly Lans hosted by Energy Drink companys. We did everything from BF2, CS source, RTS, everything!

Wilmington needs a gaming Lan group! Nothing like owning friends in multiplayer with a zero ping!
kevinmajere

Postby heath » 18 May 2010, 21:29

kevinmajere wrote:God yes, this is a must! I lived in Seattle and we had Monthly Lans hosted by Energy Drink companys. We did everything from BF2, CS source, RTS, everything!

Wilmington needs a gaming Lan group! Nothing like owning friends in multiplayer with a zero ping!

Did the store's provide all of the games or did people bring them and did people bring their own rigs or did the store provide them all?
heath
Site Admin

Postby rkdowdy64 » 24 May 2010, 18:59

Not to tread on anyone's parade, but instead to help out a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAN_party

The above link should explain LAN Parties fairly well. Also, given the time it takes to build up a good fan base, you're going to want to make sure you have plenty of participants. Also, normally LAN parties last a few days, though given the recent effects of the economy, you'd want to start and set a small scale, one/two day event.
rkdowdy64

Postby Lemons » 06 Jun 2010, 05:27

heath wrote:
kevinmajere wrote:God yes, this is a must! I lived in Seattle and we had Monthly Lans hosted by Energy Drink companys. We did everything from BF2, CS source, RTS, everything!

Did the store's provide all of the games or did people bring them and did people bring their own rigs or did the store provide them all?

since it would be lan all the games could be shared between everyone via sneakernet.
Lemons

Postby xXx POISON FREE xXx » 06 Jun 2010, 05:33

If there was some CSS going on here me and some of my friends would be interested.
xXx POISON FREE xXx

Postby arcane » 21 Jun 2010, 19:04

Me and a couple friends of mine have actually been sitting out at the Castle Hayne park doing a mini-LAN with DOTA/Unreal Tournament/Serious Sam/Skulltag/System Shock 2/Warsow/Worms World Party. Having somewhere to go that isn't insanely hot would be nice and most of those games get better with more people anyway. :p
arcane

Next

Return to General