looking for D&D group.

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

looking for D&D group.

Postby amarknc » 01 Feb 2010, 11:33

Hello. I am both new to this site and store. I grew up playing AD&D and then mostly 2nd edition AD&D before moving to NC 15
years ago and my $1k+ in books and box sets were buried in storage. I have been able to feed my RPG bug with novels,
video games and what not, but still miss the game. I understand things have changed back to classic D&D but I know the concept
well enough that I dont think I would be a complete noob. I used to really enjoy playing and would love to get a chance again.
My groups that used to play did goof off, but at the same time we also knew how to play a more serious campaign. (while still having fun of course)
Anyways I was posting here in the hopes of maybe being able to join a group or help start a new one up.
I live in the Surf City Area but have no problems traveling to Wilmington. My job is a steady mon-fri 8-5 so most nights and weekends are free.
I used to play AD&D, Top Secret, Battletech and even a little Gamma World rpg. Although I am mostly interested in D&D at this time.
Feel free to contact be here or at amarknc@embarqmail.com.
amarknc

Re: looking for D&D group.

Postby JTLove » 01 Feb 2010, 12:27

I grew up playing 1st and 2nd edition and am interested to get back with a group. It seems there is only one active group at Cape Fear Games and it is full. If you are interested in starting up a new group give me a call. My name is Jeff and my number is 910-620-2593.
JTLove

Postby amarknc » 02 Feb 2010, 08:18

Thank you for your reply Jeff, I will definitely get up with you about this soon. My only concern is neither of us have any experience
with D&D 4th edition so we will probably need to track down someone with a little patience while we adapt. I also still need to pick
up the players handbook so I can get familiar with the changes to the game over the years.
amarknc

Postby DanielPepper » 04 Feb 2010, 12:12

I'm new to DD, but I have the first and second player handbooks and have read through them. I have a basic understanding of how the game works, but no actual experience. Unfortunately, I missed out on the other group. I'd love to get with a group if another one is opening, though.
DanielPepper

Postby Grimelark » 18 Mar 2010, 11:24

Heya, I'm starting a 3.5 game up and am looking for one or two new players. If your interested mail me at Grimelark01@yahoo.com.
Grimelark

Return to Role Playing Games