Looking for D&D 3.5/ Palladium

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Looking for D&D 3.5/ Palladium

Postby glocness » 15 Sep 2012, 02:20

OK, meet 2 other people of the group and they have another person interested. Downside is that the original DM and another player friend of his are no longer intertested in joining us. Plus side is that means we can run a gestalt campaign to make up for the lack of people and the player I have yet to meet is willing to be our DM. So, 3 players and a DM thus far in a (more than likely) gestalt campaign. Even if we get more players, we'd probably still run a gestalt campaign (if you don't know what gestalt is, it's not hard at all, it's like playing 2 characters in 1 body, easy easy easy and sooo much fun!) as long as we don't go higher than 5 or 6 people. Even then, we might revert to a nomal game, but still, all fun either way. The three of us who met have a very ambitious game plan for the parties long term as well, so anyone interested in joining up, send me a message or just reply to this post! Open chairs are waiting for good times had by all.
glocness

Postby glocness » 03 Oct 2012, 10:19

2 bailed from....whatever their reason was, can't remember. Now the couple and their friend have bumbed out without so much as an explanation or good bye so, back down to just me. Send me a private message and I'll get back to you. I'm still game for any Palladium groups that wanna get started as well.
glocness

Postby glocness » 05 Jan 2013, 10:11

Have unfortunately lost all my players who showed interest in starting any kind of group what so ever, so now back to square one. There is one upside however as I have a room mate who has expressed an interest in learning the game. So, a few more players and a DM and we have a D&D group ready to roll. Lets get started; not right away as it will take time to form the group, but if you are interested send me a message or just respond to this post string and I'll get back to you when we have everything we need!
glocness

Postby glocness » 17 Jan 2013, 08:39

For those interested in my earlier posts, I've been toying with gestalt group ideas and think I've come up with a pretty A-kicker grouping! A ranger soulknife, bard favored soul, rogue lurk and a sorcerer warlock. Group has it's weak points as any group does, but skill wise it pretty much encompases almost everything most groups would commonly encounter.

The Ranger soul knife has excelent saves, good HP, a nice support skill set up, flexable spell selection (when he get's them that is) a high volume of attacks and can do some ferocious damage to his favored enemies. Down side is he's a light armor character so AC will be an issue down the line.
The Rogue lurk is your standard infiltrator build designed to handle the delving, sneaking, traps as well as be a support front line mellee combatant with his sneak attacks which are augmented in their effectivness through the lurk class. Not high HP but has good will and reflex saves, VERY high initiative bonuses for fast acting play but has low AC with light armor and low fortitude saves.
The Bard favored soul (Kord as chief patron for great sword proficiency) is a multi tasking character with good saves, good HP for a front line support character fills the healer position, buff master and a support mellee fighter. Out of combat this character is the "groups personality" with all the people skills the group needs to get by in an urban environment or when dealing with NPC's. Down side is that being a bard forces the use of light armor to eliminate the spell failure chance of his spells. so again, low AC.
The Sorcerer warlock is a straight up blast and support build, focusing his sorcerer power of helping hand style spells and illusion specialization for crowd control while using the warlock side of his gestalt to provide the blasting power on a continuous basis. His AC, HP and fort/ref saves are low but properly placed/protected can help win any fight as any well placed magic character can!

This is not counting the prestiges taken of course; just a brain teaser as to how I went about forming the universally rounded group.
Like I said, just an idea, assuming we can get the group going and we acctually run a gestalt campaign. I've got lots of gestalt character ideas jotted down so by no means do we have to run this particular set up and, once again, this is only assuming we run a gestalt campaign. Hope to hear from interested folks soon!
glocness

Postby glocness » 28 Jan 2013, 04:39

OK, I have a great 3.5 group all set and ready to hit the table rolling with one exception: a DM. Player wise we're set as I have myself, my room mate, Doomherald from the forum pages here plus two additional players making a total of 5 players, more than enough to ballance out a good skill set up and cover tactical scenarios without destroying experience gain or game play. So, if you got experience DMing for 3.5, hit me up; we can get rolling shortly after we make contact and begin establishing times to meet up. I can host at my place or we can meet up at cape fear games, whichever's easier; I'm just off of Wrightsville and Castle so game at CFG or my place, all good by me, let's just get to rollin!
glocness

Postby Twofeatherz » 30 Jan 2013, 13:30

I would like to get back into the games as well. Most recently familiar with Dungeon Crawler Classic. New to the Wilmington areea.
Twofeatherz

Postby glocness » 04 Feb 2013, 01:20

dffinley, Zyrb & room mate, BaurPowr, Twofeatherz & Doomherald: I propose that our first face to face sit down and group discussion be held at cape fear games on the night of Thursday, Febuary 7th around the 7pm or 8pm time frame. Situation depending, I could even go as early as 5pm. Anyone opposed/have a better idea?
glocness

Postby dffinley » 04 Feb 2013, 01:55

Sounds good to me so far. Any of those times will work so long as I know in advance.
dffinley

Postby Zyrb » 04 Feb 2013, 02:10

Thursday at 5pm sounds great for me, the earlier the better. My roomate works nights.
Zyrb

Postby glocness » 04 Feb 2013, 03:27

I work nights as well but roomie works unpredictable days. If I can swing him getting off on time, we'll shoot for the earliest time we can all swing for Thursday unless someone can't make it Thursday in which case we'll try for a day that all/most of us can gather. If anyone is not able to attend I'll post notes on what the group discussed so no one's out of the loop and others who attended can feel free to add in anything I forget to mention that way all the grounds are covered.
glocness

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games