Looking for D&D 3.5/ Palladium

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Looking for D&D 3.5/ Palladium

Postby glocness » 15 Mar 2013, 06:11

Monday March 25th @ CFG, 4:30pm, check! Lookin very much forward to it! Agree'd, no combat makes xp a tricky thing to weigh in on, so take your time.

Anyone wanna spitball some ideas for the upcoming fight? Like I said earlier, I have a plan, but it's got a lot of moving parts.....and our Troll friend, if it works even remotely, will be able to fully test that new axe we made for em!

Post note, my roomie says he met someone else who'd like to join, especially if we have folks dropping for good. Not sure what experience he's got, but he's ready to learn and get into things.
glocness

Postby Nibeous » 16 Mar 2013, 06:06

Would it be possible to postpone it until Tuesday, (witch will be my last day) our Pathfinder game is going to be on Monday and its gonna be my last session of each one and that one can't be changed at all. reply here or text/call me 470-7157 ty
Nibeous

Postby glocness » 16 Mar 2013, 08:03

I'm fine with Tuesday the 26th. Everyone else?
Last edited by glocness on 18 Mar 2013, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
glocness

Postby dffinley » 17 Mar 2013, 23:44

Sure, I still need to confirm, but it seems fine for now.

Brian, I know it's your last session, but I'm planing on doing something different when we play next. We can discuss privately what happens to your druid and Chumly, the Troll.

Upcoming session: I've already let Lurch know, but due to the shifting dynamics in our group, some things will have to be reconfigured party-wise for the main story. So, we need to figure out who is going to be in our group attending the weekly sessions.

In the mean time, I will run that D&D Next Playtest using some pregens I made. It will only be for one or two sessions at least until we get the group figured out again, and then we'll return to 3.5 and the Black Hounds.

It will still be set in the same universe as the other story with events being influenced by the things you've faced, but this section will feel decidedly more classic D&D, with some good old dungeon delving. I'm having fun writing it and I think it will be really fun to play.

Sorry for the switch up, but the story has taken some hits and our last two sessions have been really hard on me as a DM. I just want to be able to reset a little before it collapses. Thanks for being awesome, and I look forward to some good old fashioned dungeoneering next go around.
dffinley

Postby glocness » 18 Mar 2013, 03:34

Will we be rolling with pre-made characters or are we making fresh ones for this side quest? Good ol' classic delving sounds like ballanced party required material to me and we easily have the people for it so this should be fun as all creation!
glocness

Postby dffinley » 18 Mar 2013, 14:52

Pre-mades.

I'll make sure you're really balanced, though. So here's the story. Keep in mind, character is important so I'll try to provide some bg story for each premade character I bring in:

The story is about a professional adventuring company of 4th lvl, hard-on-their-luck, Dwarf treasure hunters in the unsettled snow covered peaks East of Thrakendelve. They are almost out of money and their company is about to go belly up. Plus, they owe a ton of money back on a loan to the dwarf loan-shark, Baldreck the Bullete, and threatening letters are starting to come in.

The red lightening storms brewed up by the red drake mages struck one of the mountain peaks in Thrakendelve and uncovered the entrance to a forgotten catacomb from long ago. Rumors are, it's a place of untold peril called, The Labyrinth of Murder. There's got to be treasure in there, right?

These Dwarves will have to contend with drunken bar fights, the lawless lands resulting from King Valdor's unseating, new "lords" claiming power, Red Drakes trying to occupy and exercise enforcement, the giants that lurk in the mountains, and rival adventuring companies who want the treasure for themselves.

So far, I have made a drunken bar brawler fighter and a charlatan rogue for your company. One is good at drinking and giving, taking and shrugging off punishment. The other is good at deflecting attacks away from himself, lying, cheating, stealing, and hiding in the shadows.

Their names are Thirsty Beerstein and Rook Nightdagger and the adventuring company is called, Sudsy Fist Expeditions.

The other characters are a surprise!
dffinley

Postby dffinley » 18 Mar 2013, 14:58

Or at least, they will be until I tell you about them.... *ahem* :?
dffinley

Postby glocness » 18 Mar 2013, 15:42

Sweetness! I know a thing or two about bar fights already so this quest is sounding like my very own cup of tea! Dwarven derelicts and delvers......I smell drama strong enough to stretch across oceans :-)
glocness

Postby Nibeous » 19 Mar 2013, 09:46

Hey guys its Brian (The Druid) unfortunately i wasn't feeling well last night, and i have to work tonight and didn't get much sleep. i don't think that I'm going to be feeling up to coming to the game today. I really anted to because this would be my last session but i cant come AND get sleep for work. if you can David, could you please get in contact with Chris, he is an awesome guy, and lives close by (Kerr and Market) his number is 1-906-322-8811 and he will need a ride, and really wants to play. James is also under the weather and wont be coming, I'm very sorry and i will miss you guys a lot after i am gone =\
Nibeous

Postby Nibeous » 19 Mar 2013, 11:48

actually i dont think chris is going to be making it either =\ Sorry Guys
Nibeous

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games