Looking for D&D 3.5/ Palladium

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Looking for D&D 3.5/ Palladium

Postby dffinley » 04 Apr 2013, 11:36

I'm sure he does.

On a different note, I've been working on the party split for the Black Hounds. After you reach Errith, there will be twin Hound groups. One will follow Fang. The other will follow Cauldwell. Both will be on mission to different sectors of Thrakendelve. They will both head in by sea, but by different avenues.

However, the Sudsy Fist still has more adventure left in them before we get to that. What is the Strange Giant Crystal on the other side of the floating door? Can the Caverns of murder be escaped?
dffinley

Postby glocness » 04 Apr 2013, 17:15

New characters for the Black hounds split? if yes, do we have the same freedom of choice for race & character as when we first began?

What is the strange floating crystal.........I have an idea: CHA-CHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it'll probably kill us.
glocness

Postby dffinley » 06 Apr 2013, 11:25

Most of you won't be playing new characters, but there will be one or two.

I'll list the split here, but I don't want to look at it too much yet, because the Sudsy Fist is still going strong.

By the way, my sister has a friend who is interested in playing. I figure we can let her try out things with us and see if she gels. Katie seems to think she'll do really well.

As for the hounds, Elisha Cauldwell will lead his hounds to overthrow a lesser dwarf Lord that has recently been granted land in Thrakendelve by the new king. That new lord just happens to wield a flaming axe.

Cauldwell's squad will be run in D&D 3.5 and consists of:

Cauldwell (paladin, team leader, played by new David)
Bardistiva (sp?) (warlock, played by Lurch)
Rogue formerly known as Johann (played by older David)
Thunk the Goblin (barbarian played by Katie)
Unknown character (played by Katie's friend)

Fang's squad will assist King Valdor, helping him infiltrate Thrakendelve. Unfortunately, Valdor has taken some major hits since you last saw him, including acquiring a nasty curse, and the loss of Gjolthrem, the King's Spear. Fang's Hounds must cross the Spires of the Rahhv (the volcano god), a particularly treacherous mountain range that the Fire Giants revere as holy. From there, the squad will delve into the sanctuary of Bren (an old and magically protected sanctuary the Kings of Thrakendelve must take pilgrimage to before they ascend to the throne), where Valdor is sure his curse can be removed.

I'd like to try Fang's squad in D&D Next and it will consist of :
King Valdor (Fighter, played by older David)
S Sl Tor (Trog, now a barbarian, played by Lurch)
Fang (Fighter, and team leader, played by newer David)
Faela the Snow Leopard (a savage wild elf druid played by Katie)
Ashah the Fire Walker (savage wild elf wizard, played by Katie's friend)

All this is subject to change, but there you have it. Obviously, this roster depends on those characters surviving the battle against the red drakes across the river. When the black hounds start up again, the army across the river is still waiting, but the split will occur shortly after that.
dffinley

Postby dffinley » 06 Apr 2013, 11:29

Since Lurch and David have both discussed running adventures, I'm going to postpone the Screaming Lances storyline, until later. It's mainly because I want to be able to devote more creative energy to the Black Hounds and the Sudsy Fist.

David discussed running his adventure in my campaign world, so that should be pretty neat for me to have to work around, too.
dffinley

Postby glocness » 06 Apr 2013, 16:08

Is there a team assisting the elven lady with the elven nations, or is highwater concentrating on assisting tharkendelve first, thus sending 2 teams? Gotta admit I'm bumbed that Tor is a Barbarian now, but, we'll see if I can play him out. Lookin forward to next session as always!

Side note, we can, whenever DM needs a break, go into Palladium character creation and orientation of the world and it's history. I should have everything I need for the story to begin in about a week or two after monday. For those who've never played Palladium before, be ready to have you're minds blown with the available races you can play and some of the history of this world!
glocness

Postby dffinley » 06 Apr 2013, 23:58

Tor can be a fighter if you want, that's no problem.
dffinley

Postby glocness » 07 Apr 2013, 02:38

I would like to play a fighter; more tacticaly minded class vs the raging spur of the moment barbarian. I play better with tactics and such (tend to over do the emotianal aspect of the barbarian nature; if I were Braun, Braun woulda died about 6 times by now). Will he still be a net & Trident type or are we switching his weapon set up?
glocness

Postby dffinley » 07 Apr 2013, 12:10

Still net and trident.
dffinley

Postby glocness » 07 Apr 2013, 16:30

Sweet!
glocness

Postby glocness » 09 Apr 2013, 06:49

The sudsy fst expedition group ran into a nice snafu right off the bat as we explored a floating crystal and accidentally released a Hezru realm demon who, from his prison, charmed Berggitta into smashing the crystal. With a few divine T'oerr enhanced divine thunder strikes with my hammer and Brauns flaying maul of death attacks, we sent it right back home but not before it had allowed an undead dwarf demon thingy to escape a rift he made....but, we took care of that issue easily. And thus we progressed onwaard to find ourselves in an Indiana Jones Raiders of the lost ark style setting where not one but TWO huge boulders chased a majority of the group down a stair slide way and into a spiked pit filled with a gelatenous cube (MRRRAAAAAAHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Thankfully the group was able to maneuver their fall to avoid the spike pit of death, let the boulders kill the cube and proceed onward to kill 2 other cubes in the preceeding hallway, a hallway in which we found a bag of holding with some goodies in it as well as the bones to a 1st edition palladin I had played (and lost to a gelotenous cube.......darn YOU CUBES!!!!!!!). Packing up the bones and our loot we continued to a door, which was an illusion, that obscured a dark area which turned out to be the mouth of a VERY large (yet, as we discovered later, MOSTLY intelligent....ok, it speaks, who knows how intelligent it acctually IS here, ok....)toad. After Braun wrestled with it's tongue for a bit, he ended up dragging the thing around by it's own tongue and I split it's lip with a nice critical throw from the dwarven thrower. Once we cleared the air, made sure we weren't on the menu and I healed the toad, we found ourselves in a nice sacred grove, the resting place and prison of the forgotten god of life: Peytun (who, as chance would have it, is MY diety's brother). We freed Peytun, gave him some goodies from our recent bag aquisition, promised to spread word of his return and raise his followers to regain his powers for the upcoming battle against evil. In return, he charged us with an enormous task; the care and protection of the last gold dragon on this plane of existence, which hatched right before our eyes! So, now we're on our way OUT of the caverns of murder, get back to the town we started at, pay off our debt to the loan shark, avoid/destroy any red drakes, and use the remaining funds from our venture (there's LOTS left after we settle up!!!) and start building temples and spreading the good word about, "PEYTUN! GOD OF LIFE AND BROTHER TO THE ALL MIGHTY T'OEER! SAVIOR OF THE LAST ONES, NOW RETURNED TO HIS PLACE IN THE CELESTIAL COSMOS AFTER CENTURIES OF IMPRISONMENT BY EVIL!" So, how will the sudsy fist expeditions fare in their gaurdianship of this sole surviving hatchling? Will they be able to bring about a resurgence of faith in Peytun? What will become of the Red Drake invaders?

Oh yeah, we also found an ancient (HUUUUGE!!) chromatic dragon skeleton, untouched by time that, no matter how much we smashed it, it restructured right before our eyes without even a scratch. Side note, trash mouths horns are uneven, so we took some of the dragons claws with us and are gonna fashion a strong lil horned helm type deal for em, Braun had the horns of the demon boss we dropped crudely on his already horned helmet but Peyton made it a perfect graft so he looks AWESOME now (besides only wearing a loin cloth this whole time that is), we have a Gryphon to go pick up, Peytun left us the toad as a steed (can seat 4 dwarves easily and has a magic crown with some kewl lil tricks), some nice lil magic items to identify, another ginormous gem, an army of little gems and a dragons hoard (no magic items in it though) and misc other loot scattered in stash points along the way. Lastly....trashmouth nearly knocked himself unconscious headbutting what he thought was an enemy but was only an illusion and hit the wall instead.

Lastly, Berggitta now has self conscious confidence issues regarding her face (after all it's been blasted with fire, dunked into an acid pool and burned yet again after that experience then, was charmed by a big ugly demon) and may have a thing for Braun after a certain lazic incident with another gem we found....no more details on that subject unless you happened to have been there :-)
glocness

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games