Looking for D&D 3.5/ Palladium

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Looking for D&D 3.5/ Palladium

Postby dffinley » 02 Mar 2013, 14:30

There's not a map yet, but it's in the works.

The goblin being played has been confirmed.

The Knights are knights in a class sense as well as title. They can be cavaliers, fighters, or Paladins, although Paladins will be very limited in the use of their granted powers and spells, but might be worth playing anyway. Proficiency in lances is advised, although one or two horseback archers could be good. (keep in mind this stuff I'm sharing occurs after what happens to your current group so it's a bit of a glimpse into the future) Mounted combat is a must for the characters.

The knights, known as the Screaming Lances will travel to Baelsha-territh, the place of death. It is a site once known as Lilithara, where the ancient mage wars culminated, finding the power hungry wizard king, Sammaehl fighting the eccentric priest king, Daviri Tona Loch for the treasure horde of Baegotth.

Baegotth was the first king of the human people, also known as the shepherd king, the hope of the people, and the giant slayer. During his lifetime, Baegotth's treasure held an arsenal of incredible artifacts of power, including the King's spear, or as known by it's proper name, Gjolthrhim (pronounced Joll- threm) , now wielded by the Dwarf kings of Thrakendelve (a gift he gave the dwarves , in gratitude for their alliance, before he died).

Legends say the war that created Baelsha-territh lasted for ten years unleashing terrible harm across the land. The wizard king armies rode dragons into battle spewing fire and lightning at the giants, titans, earth elementals,and water elementals of the king-priest's army. It was equal parts battle and race as the armies fought for possession of the King's city of Baegotth. It seemed the battle would forever be a stalemate until the Red Dragon, Baelshahmuht and the White Dragon, Hehll See i' Beath conspired to each share a terrible and forbidden ancient secret magic, lost from the time of the forming of the worlds, with both Sammaehl and Daviri Tona Loch.

Both Kings swelled in pride and arrogance because of their new found power. It is said even their physical appearances began to change.

One fateful day, the kings agreed to meet at the gates of the capital city of Baegotth, to discuss new terms. However, each of them secretly planned to use the opportunity to unleash their reality bending magic to enslave or destroy the other. The dragons, having planned for this, discreetly kept their distance. The resulting cataclysm was indescribable by the boundaries of language, with both kings tearing open the fabric of reality itself. Their armies warped and twisted, the land bent around them, and death rained on them all... all except the dragons, who escaped Baelsha-territh, as it would be know from now on. Baelshahmuht and Hehll See i'Beath sealed the twisted lands with a magical dome and hid the key, sealing it for ten thousands of years.

Although they had broken an ancient law by sharing the forbidden magic with their human enslavers, the action was seen as necessary and Baelshahmuht and Hehll See i'Beath were made the new king and queen of the dragon nations.

Somehow Bael- Shasheam, the leader of the Hobgoblin armies who are called by the nations of Highwater, the Red Drakes, the Red Dragon Spears, and the Fire King armies, have found the key to Baelsh-territh. Reports and intelligence show that Bael- Shatheam, and his new ally, the self proclaimed new Lord of Thrakendelve, Kohnakk Silverstone seek the hoard of Baegotth for themselves.

The dead lands are now so twisted and altered that magic no longer works very well, if at all ( or predictably when it does work). Divine magic is no better as the gods no longer answer cries from the mad lands, either. 0lvl magic has the best chance of success at 60% or it fizzles out, 1lvl has a 30% chance of success or it fizzles out, and 2nd lvl has 10% chance of success with a 20% chance of something terrible happening. Anything more powerful has no chance of success either fizzling out, or a 25% chance of something terrible happening. Some weapons keep some of their edge and power and some minor effects, but usually not any major spell effects. Mithril and silver weapons hold up better than anything else.
dffinley

Postby dffinley » 02 Mar 2013, 14:55

More to come including character level, allowed races, mount types, just how limited a Paladin actually is in the dead lands, and what your mission parameters will be.

By the way, the magic items found on the drow wizards are: Boots of water walking (walk on water as if land), Cloak of Elemental Endurance +1 AC (also resist heat and cold) DR3 on fire and ice, and a Staff of the Spider Queen (staff +2, 3x a day can cast web as an 8th lvl caster, 3x a day can shoot a poisonous spike from the tip with a base dmg of 1d3 plus 3d6 poison dmg, save DC15 Fort for half)
dffinley

Postby dffinley » 02 Mar 2013, 14:57

That last item assumes that the target is susceptible to poison dmg, by the way.
dffinley

Postby glocness » 02 Mar 2013, 19:41

Holy hell. This is all to come AFTER our current campaign?
glocness

Postby dffinley » 02 Mar 2013, 21:17

More like along side the current campaign, but yes. The Screaming Lances will be going to the Dead Lands in a couple of sessions from now. We will resume with the current characters from time to time just like a novel, and events that happen in one part will start affecting the other parts.

Should be fun.
dffinley

Postby glocness » 02 Mar 2013, 22:43

Kewl, complicated yet mutualy effectual storylining. The character I had planned for that campaign isn't fluent in horsemanship or mounted warfare (elven dragon shaman with gold being his totem, brother and traveling companion to a knight, played by Josh my roomie)...is this going to affect the story in a negative way or can I stick with it? What races are we going with for this campaign?

As for the magic items we've just aquired: I vote that the druid gets the magic staff (natural weapon and with the ranged attacks it has it's perfect to keep em out of harm), we can roll for the cloak ( I honestly wouldn't mind it but it can benefit anyone on the party) and the boot we give to one of the mellee types (not fang or the troll of course). Thoughts everyone?
glocness

Postby Nibeous » 03 Mar 2013, 16:02

I am fine with the distributions, and i was actually thinking the same, though water walking troll would be scary.... but no real point to it. i vote the ranger or rogue. And as for the cape, we can roll for it, but if we leave it to votes, i might have to say either the Warlock or the Samurai.
Nibeous

Postby Nibeous » 03 Mar 2013, 18:34

Also this is what i found on trolls as player characters...

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Troll

How do you want me to handle this as as far as Level and Class? First class level at 6? and it starts with us as a level 5 troll?
Nibeous

Postby glocness » 04 Mar 2013, 02:24

Far as I can tell about the troll, it's a lv adj +5 creature, so if it's going to start as a lv1 barbarian, then yeah, it's a lv 6 character: giant lv 6/ barbarian1 (ECL lv6 basically, the last level of giant doesn't count towards its ACTUAL level; effectively a free level for the extra HD).

Boots on the troll.....do they even MAKE boots for those brutes?? I was thinking they were medium sized...though some house rules say magic wear is omni-fitting as part of the magical enchantment...never really covered that one in our first "house rules" meeting. But, I agree, either the ranger or the rogue (I lean more towards the rogue as the Ranger is already out in front, the rogue sloshing in back will need the extra mobility for the sneak attack damage). As for the cloak, age old saying: spoil the fighter. Sami wants it, he gets it far as I'm concerned.
glocness

Postby Nibeous » 04 Mar 2013, 09:44

So same time today? 4:30?
Nibeous

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games