Looking for D&D 3.5/ Palladium

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Looking for D&D 3.5/ Palladium

Postby glocness » 23 Feb 2013, 22:52

I'm fine sticking with Mondays if everyone else if OK with it. Ussual time I trust?
glocness

Postby Zyrb » 24 Feb 2013, 20:13

4:30 at the shop. Is what I'd assume.
Zyrb

Postby glocness » 25 Feb 2013, 05:16

Agreed, 4:30pm, mondays. Anything comes up, throw down a post and we'll adjust accordingly.
glocness

Postby dffinley » 25 Feb 2013, 10:35

Sounds good.
dffinley

Postby glocness » 26 Feb 2013, 08:54

The hounds have suffered their first defeat due to betrayal. While fortifying the Trogoldyte ruins against attack with our Rogue preparing alchemical concontionc with the tribal shaman, we observed a massive smoke cloud in the distance that changed the color of the sky, the temperature of the air and put ash in the sky that fell like snow. The houds went out to investigate to encounter roving patrols of hobgoblins, on the other side of the swamp where they should have been, a mysterious shockwave of sonic energy that knocked some of the hounds into the mud repeatedly and multiple hunger crazed troll barbarian shock troopers sent in by the enemy to destroy the defensive trap system the Trogs and us had established. Upon dispatching a few trolls, we befriended one and with him continued to destroy hobgoblin parties until we came upon the source of the sonic disturbances; 2 female drow wizzards focusing on a large cylindrical disk that turned out to be an echo-locational directional blast area mapping tool and teleportation circle (which we deduced later that if both casters perished.....think NUKE) supported by 10 Hobgoblin gaurds and 7 cages, each holding 2 hunger crazed troll berzerkers within. We were fast and efficient in eradicating the first drow and all the hobgoblins, feeding the corpses to the trolls to keep them from looking at us too long. A quirk of fate happened in the Final drows favor as she jumped through the portal, with us in hot pursuit, where she was brought down by our faithful rogue and a timely and well placed non-lethal strike. Tressed and prep'd as our arcane prisoner, we figured quickly that we were close to the trog camp but a large roar from within drew us cautiously closer where we discovered the ruin to be taken, red drakes everywhere and all the allied trogs dead, but below the battlement walls speaking to the only 2 survivors (The Dwarf king and the Troglodyte king) was the honor gaurd turn coat, a royal dwarf lord, a dwarven honor gaurd, a large gathering of elite red drake hobgoblins, Male drow warriors and a band of troglodytes led by none other than the troglodyte kings eldest son who betrayed us all to the red drakes and falsified the scouting reports of the enemy disposition/forces. After heated words, the trog king was no more with a sudden throw from a massive smoking hammer from the dwarf lord turncoat, turning the poor reptile into pink mist before returning to it's thrower, at which time the king used his own weapon to flee the broken and defeated sceen. We were alomst discovered by a lone wandering scout, but a timely attack from a goblin barbarian saved the day. Apparently our request for aid had not been unheard, but shortly after marshaling their forces, the goblins were attacked by a holding force, separating their aid from our cause. The hounds decided there was nothing to gain, and began to withdraw. Ever curious, the Warlock left the group, climbed a wall for a peek inside and observed the entire mass of troops and personell inside the ruin, but unknown to them the Elven maiden, badly beaten and wounded, still lived and was hiding at the rear wall. Thus the hounds free'd her, and made off in the direction of highwater, knowing that their messengers for reinfircements had been slain.........by the treacherous villains who had stolen the day from under the feet of the hounds. Where will they go now? Are there any bastions of safety left? How did the Red drakes aquire such powerful allies? Where are they getting their superior magic? Can the hounds find out before sucumbing to the strngth of the evil Red Drake hordes???

Defeated 30 hobgoblins
Defeated 3 trolls
Friended/grouped with 1 troll (the druid rode him, believe it or not) through the efforts of both the druid and the samuri
Defeated 1 Drow wizzard (druid lanced it in the face...litterally...... with a long sword as the troll ran by it to attack hobgoblins)
Avoided 1 troll encounter
Freed 14 troll captives
Disabled 1 unstable multi-purpose gate (out of how many....who knows.....)
RE-rescued elven maiden
Discovered muliple betrayers
Failed to defend the ruins from invasion and save the troglodyte population (what was once almost 300 is now less than 50)
Failed to discover the reason behind the change in the weathers behavior
Successfully fortified trog ruin to kill more than 50 enemy soldiers and slow the assaulting tides
Lost Druid animal companion (hawk) to the enemy animal handlers
Succefully utilized eldritch blast to maximum effect on fellow team mates (multiple counts)
glocness

Postby Nibeous » 26 Feb 2013, 13:23

We're going to question the captive Drow Wizard just didn't do so in the swamp surrounded by enemies. We were planning on finding out what we could once we got to the main city.
Nibeous

Postby glocness » 26 Feb 2013, 20:07

Main city my fat N hairys! A little distance is all I'm shooting for; both I and my character are SEVERELY P.O.'d about the loss of the Trog nation.....I myself don't share my characters "good" disposition on this subject thus limiting my options.....but, I plan on getting intl, one way or another. And soon....... I PLAN on the drow making it back to the city for enhanced interogation, but who knows.
glocness

Postby dffinley » 27 Feb 2013, 00:25

Are you suggesting I might switch it up on you? 8-)

So, here's experience for you. You might notice something amazing. For some of you, lvl 4 is on the horizon for your characters instead of 3. That wasn't intended, but you guys just persevere against even the hardest threats, beating the nuts off of trolls and high lvl drow spellcasters like they are CR1 enemies. So, you deserve it. Without further delay:

Base experience for story events, discoveries, triumphs, and battles-
David's Rogue: +3735
Zyrb's Samurai: +3735
Brian's Druid: +3735
S' SL Thor: +3735
Lurch's Warlock: +3735
Noriko Minami: +3735
Josh's Ranger: +3735
Fang: +2,025
Troll: +1,000
Elsaril: +200

Bonus XP-
Noriko: +100 for healing where it was needed
Zyrb's Samurai: +450 for Troll diplomacy, and keeping Noriko alive and well
Brian's Druid: +550 Befriending and riding a Troll into battle, healing where it was needed
Josh's Ranger: +100 for scouting and survival skills
Lurch's Warlock: +900 for some sniping in the trees with Eldritch might, good tactics, setting traps, arcane knowledge, being a good lookout and spotting danger, and rescuing an Elven Lady
David's Rogue- +750 for making potions, taking a prisoner, and having the balls to jump through the portal first (that was really damned cool by the way)

Also, for being present and for good roleplaying and good attitudes despite the setbacks with the Trog nation, Brian, David, Lurch, and Zyrb get +100 bonus xp for their main characters.

*phew*
dffinley

Postby dffinley » 27 Feb 2013, 00:39

I'll let you know what the boots, staff, and cloak are in the next few days, and also what spells are in the drow spellbooks.

To preview next week: You're traveling to Highwater through the Deevil's Arse, hopefully evading any possible pursuit. You know that the Red Bank Goblins fared better than the trogs, but according to Elsa, there may still be some of the good guy trogs out there. She's not completely sure, but she knows some of them were trying to escape or hide at the same time she found a crevice to hide in.

Also, what happened to the five original hounds on the journey back to Highwater (and Errith, your base of operations)?

Get ready to face the fallout of last session, while trying to get home alive (which should be easier with some newfound sizable bumps in HP). I know you'll rally the Hounds and pound the nuts of any baddies who don't step right!
dffinley

Postby glocness » 01 Mar 2013, 18:41

Is there a map of the kindoms made as of yet detailing the areas/locations? Is the player joining us playing the goblin barbarian a confirmed thing? Are we still planning to run a side campaign as knights and if yes, are we playing knights only class, or just knights as a title with emphasis on mounted horseback combat/campaign but classes open to make the group rounded?
glocness

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games