8 months and still searching for a group

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

8 months and still searching for a group

Postby Brothar » 28 Feb 2012, 00:11

There might be a few threads out there similar to this one, but I'm just keeping things up to date and trying not to stress going through too much clutter to read. I responded to a D&D get together and met them in person, but I never heard back from them for 5 months since, which is why I'm posting this.

I moved here about 8 months ago, so I'm relatively new to the area as far as meeting new people.

I've been roleplaying, mainly for D&D and LARP, for 3 good years in high school. My preferred edition of D&D is 3.5, but if it means I get to play, I accept 4.0 as well. I'm also fond of vintage D&D, or AD&D if you will, so if there are any traditional roleplayers out there, I'd be willing to learn a thing or two about the RIGHT way to play (because for those 3 years I've been playing with a slack-whore DM.)

As for LARP, I'm hoping there's a group that does that as well. I happen to be a decent weaponsmith, so if there is a group out there, I might make a contribution or two.

So if anyone needs another recruit, contact me through email (matt.lothe1992@gmail.com) with all the details including time, place, style, and roster.

Thank you and y'all have a good one!
Brothar

Re: 8 months and still searching for a group

Postby Zabasaz » 28 Feb 2012, 04:37

I run D&D Encounters (it's 4th Edition) at Cape Fear Games every Wednesday at around 7:00 PM if you wanna hop in. We're accepting level 3 characters.
Zabasaz

Postby Brothar » 28 Feb 2012, 12:04

I have nothing planned for that evening, so I'll consider it. Do I have to print off my own character sheet? Or will you supply them at the session?
Brothar

Postby Hyway » 28 Feb 2012, 20:38

My daughter is a member of the Avalon larp group here in town http://www.avalonlarp.com/ Its a fairly good size and active group. They have a big group weekend once a month with other avalon groups in North Carolina. They are also part of a group that has a branch in Virginia, so every once in a while they go up to Richmond as well.

You should peruse these threads closer because I see all kinds of people/groups looking for 3.5 and pathfinder games/players. I am sure you know this but pathfinder is what many people think 3.5 should have become instead of 4.0.

I play a game based on the basic/expert D&D rules from 1981 with a few things from later versions of D&D (like ascending AC instead of THACO). Its called Basic Fantasy Role Playing Game and its a free download. www.basicfantasy.org/ I had a game going for a short period but the group members didn't really mesh.
Hyway

Postby Zabasaz » 28 Feb 2012, 22:34

You can bring your own but I will supply them otherwise, I have some nice ones but they're one-page so you'd need to cram a bit into the back of the page or staple some pages on.

They're pretty nice, though. It's like thick paper.
Zabasaz

Postby BaurPowr » 29 Feb 2012, 12:36

Well Brothar, like you I moved dow here and still have yet to really meet anyone. CFG is pretty welcoming though so just drop by when they're running games and join in. Otherwise though, if you're interested I'd be willing to DM a ongoing group, or if we find someone that wants to run obviously I'd be down to play. I'll be at the shop tonight sitting in with one of the groups with my red plaid shirt and gray skully.
BaurPowr

Return to Role Playing Games