World of Darkness Interest

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

World of Darkness Interest

Postby PopeJrod » 07 Feb 2012, 04:14

Greetings,

I am newly returned to the area and wondering if there is any interest in a World of darkness game. I have experience with most of the individual settings, both old and new world. There is a special place in my heart for the WoD: Innocents game and I enjoy running one shots of this for anyone who would like to try out the general system (you play children in the setting and that offer some modifications).
As far as my experience, I have been playing and running games for the better part of 25 years, cut my teeth on D&D (basic, 1st, 2nd and 3.5 editions) picked up World of Darkness in College and have played or run a smattering of other systems over the years.
If others have an existing game I am also interested in playing if there is a seat open.

Jared Novak
PopeJrod

Re: World of Darkness Interest

Postby Zabasaz » 07 Feb 2012, 22:17

I utterly refuse to touch WoD unless I can play a Mage.
Zabasaz

Postby PopeJrod » 08 Feb 2012, 15:42

Which Mage? Ascension or Awakening?
PopeJrod

Postby Zabasaz » 08 Feb 2012, 23:13

Awakening.

If you count Exalted as WoD I love Exalted, my only qualms with it are a lack of a monster manual, a truly comprehensive dice-rolling platform tailored for it, and a more polished charm for other splats than Solar/DB particularly for high ess games.

EDIT: I' could be convinced to try Geist, too.
Zabasaz

Postby PopeJrod » 09 Feb 2012, 20:19

Geist is a cool game, which I have not run in a table top setting before. I'd be willing to brush up on the rules and consider it, if that is what "the people" wish to have run. I also have all of the Promeathean books since we are discussing the more esoteric game settings from White wolf.
My big issue with Mage is the Atlantean tie-in which I find a little silly. I know I can just ignore it, but many of the Mage folks I've run across love that concept and thus a lack of compatibility results.
Exalted just never scratched my itch.
PopeJrod

Postby Zabasaz » 10 Feb 2012, 00:40

My only real issue with Mage is the fact that it more or less ignores the importance of any cultural knowledge. Because all logic and science is just bullcrap, the more cultured the mage is the less powerful he is to the point that some juvenile obnoxious power-obsessed kid who doesn't know anything is the best candidate to be the WIZARDLY CHOSEN ONE.

Exalted, though, good stuff in the many games of it I've played.
Zabasaz

Postby elijahfoxundercover » 30 Mar 2012, 09:52

Is there any interest in a Vampire the Masquerade game? I don't have a lot of experience outside of that game and system but I LOVE to play VTM and would be in anytime, My wife also plays so if anyone is interested they would have two players at least! Anybody play Masquerade?
elijahfoxundercover

Postby PopeJrod » 08 Apr 2012, 21:27

Sorry for the long delay in response, but I have a decent amount of experience running both the Masquerade game and it's Dark ages counterpart. Do you have a strong Preference between the two settings?

The other question that I have is about your willingness to try a one shot game in the NWoD setting that is not tied to any specific venue (i.e. not Vampires, Mages, or Werewolves).
PopeJrod

Postby elijahfoxundercover » 09 Apr 2012, 07:52

I definitely prefer masquerade but only due to ignorance, I have never played the dark ages counterpart. I would love to play a one shot game of NWoD as long as you don't mind a bit of ignorance on my part! When were you thinking about playing?
elijahfoxundercover

Postby PopeJrod » 04 May 2012, 09:15

Again, I apologize for the delayed repose, but real life swallowed me for a bit. Now that I have come up for air, I'd love to schedule something. I have one other potential player that I'd like to reach out to as well, but when are you typically available to play?

Oh and I don't mind player who are unfamiliar with NWoD rules. If you understand the OWoD rules these should be similar enough and they streamlined some mechanics.
PopeJrod

Next

Return to Role Playing Games