Reminder about playing off .pdf's in our store

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Reminder about playing off .pdf's in our store

Postby powerslave84 » 13 Feb 2012, 17:19

Heath, have you thought about stocking Reaper Minis?

http://www.reapermini.com/miniatures
powerslave84

Postby heath » 16 Feb 2012, 13:23

Yeah we did actually bring in some for a while but they didn't do so hot. Which do you think would do well in our store? Another factor is the lack of extra space in our store right now. We are in the process of finding a larger location which will allow us to carry more lines like reaper.
heath
Site Admin

Postby powerslave84 » 16 Feb 2012, 17:14

I think if they had a catalog we could browse through, or just maybe see if there's a starter/promo kit you could stock? I know a lot of the RPG players would be interested. You pay $5 for a mini, but it's one you want, not just a booster. The only ones I saw there were the zombie rats? Very very specific audience for those. I'd ask around the store and see if there's interest. I know I'd pick up quite a few just to paint.
Cam
powerslave84

Postby Iunnrais » 20 Feb 2012, 16:36

Yeah, now that our gaming group is using minis, being able to choose and say "Hey, let me buy THAT one" would be fantastic. Random does me no good.
Iunnrais

Postby heath » 24 Feb 2012, 16:59

Iunnrais wrote:Yeah, now that our gaming group is using minis, being able to choose and say "Hey, let me buy THAT one" would be fantastic. Random does me no good.

Cool I'm looking into this and I'll see what I can find.

We have about 50 that should be in next week. We have a mix of unpainted from reaper and painted from Legendary Encounters. Let me know how I did on the selection if you get time to check them out and if you have any suggestions please let me know.
heath
Site Admin

Postby bdcjacko » 26 Apr 2012, 06:45

Zabasaz wrote:Minis.

So that I don't have to mark our Dwarven Warpriest with a mini of C-3PO sitting in a chair being an Ewok deity.

Not sure what to suggest, but just... minis. Something involving minis. Bigger selection, make them available for rent or something, I don't even know. Just... minis.

The dwarf warpriest didn't mind being c-3po
bdcjacko

Postby elijahfoxundercover » 27 Apr 2012, 11:42

Heath, In regards to what could you do to improve the store...
My RPG group and I were wondering you guys have ever considered offering a service where (with advance notice) you guys would line up a storyteller/DM for a group for a fee? someone who was not part of the regular play and would allow a group's regular storyteller to play alongside his or her players. I only ask because I storytell for a vampire the masquerade troupe regularly and they have all expressed a desire to see what i'm like as a player character and I would love to but none of them have any interest in taking the leadership role from me! It seems like an elegant solution to have some part-time employees that groups could schedule sessions with and that would give some DM's and storytellers the option of playing. (which we often get cheated out of) I realize that most people aren't versed in as many different game systems as you might need but if you put the word out maybe you could find some people that you could connect together? I know that my group are the kinds of people that, if you could get us in the store, we would spend money on everything from alternate games we see while we are there to drinks and snacks while we play.
I don't know if this is even feasible but it is definitely a service me and mine are looking for!
elijahfoxundercover

Postby heath » 27 Apr 2012, 12:08

elijahfoxundercover wrote:Heath, In regards to what could you do to improve the store...
My RPG group and I were wondering you guys have ever considered offering a service where (with advance notice) you guys would line up a storyteller/DM for a group for a fee? someone who was not part of the regular play and would allow a group's regular storyteller to play alongside his or her players. I only ask because I storytell for a vampire the masquerade troupe regularly and they have all expressed a desire to see what i'm like as a player character and I would love to but none of them have any interest in taking the leadership role from me! It seems like an elegant solution to have some part-time employees that groups could schedule sessions with and that would give some DM's and storytellers the option of playing. (which we often get cheated out of) I realize that most people aren't versed in as many different game systems as you might need but if you put the word out maybe you could find some people that you could connect together? I know that my group are the kinds of people that, if you could get us in the store, we would spend money on everything from alternate games we see while we are there to drinks and snacks while we play.
I don't know if this is even feasible but it is definitely a service me and mine are looking for!

Do you think everyone in your group would be willing to pay for this service and if so how much would they want to pay? I have a few people in mind I could ask but I would need to let them know how much they would be getting paid. What we might be able to do is you all pay the store and then we pay the DM in store credit.
heath
Site Admin

Postby bdcjacko » 11 May 2012, 10:15

I noticed you don't have many D&D 4th Ed. modules/dungeons. Is there a catelog to look at if I wanted to order one?
bdcjacko

Postby gamedave » 11 May 2012, 18:23

See the following for WotC's complete catalog of 4E Adventures:

http://wizards.com/dnd/Catalog.aspx?category=adventures

All of these are still in print, so the store should be able to special order any they don't currently have in stock.

WotC actually hasn't done a lot with old-style modules for 4E. If you look at the catalog linked above, their last "module" was published almost two years ago. They published one series of linked adventure modules (the "H" - "P" - "E" series) that took characters from 1st to 30th levels, then published a single Eberron module, then published a couple of one-off low-level modules (the "HS" series), then seemed to give up on the idea entirely. As far as hard-copy goes, WotC seems to have decided to go with a "super-adventure" every year or so, of which they have three so far (plus the "Dungeon Delve", which contains 30 pre-made mini-adventures, one for each character level).

Instead, their subscription website has a ton of pre-made adventures under the "Dungeon" banner, but (the last I knew) without a searchable database, so it wasn't much use unless you spent hours browsing, or downloaded and indexed every adventure as it came out yourself.
gamedave

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games