Reminder about playing off .pdf's in our store

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Reminder about playing off .pdf's in our store

Postby gamedave » 25 Jan 2012, 16:01

@Zabasaz:

Heroscape has some cool minis, and there's actually an official D&D expansion for it, with repurposed D&D minis. The problem for D&D (especially 4E), is that Heroscape bases are about an inch and a quarter across, so they don't fit into standard 4E grid maps.

The new Pathfinder minis are, imho, well-done but a bit pricey - especially since you get a single random blind-draw mini in a pack (ok, two if they're Small - but that's also randomly determined).

As to demos of games, as I posted above, I tried that in cooperation with CFG for a couple of months last year. I ran DC Adventures (M&M 3rd Edition) for about a month and a half, and Savage Worlds for a month. The turnout was tiny, usually a small subset of my regular Encounters players. I did turn one of my players onto Savage Worlds, which he now also runs a couple of campaigns with, so it wasn't a complete waste, but not very successful. Again, I'd really encourage you to try it, but you may want to try to think of how to promote it better than I did.

And yes, I'm currently running a Star Wars campaign using Savage Worlds (with homebrew elements) on Tuesdays. The minis aren't actually mine - they belong to one of the players. But, yes, my collection of RPG materials is significant (to say the least).

If you'd like to chat about how to get some sort of RPG demo program up and running, I'm definitely available.
gamedave

Postby Zabasaz » 25 Jan 2012, 23:28

Well like I said, money and time constraints limit me but I'll see about it because I have some players who might be interested. Since two of my core players are gone for the next two weeks I'll probably run Lair Assault the week after next week depending.
Zabasaz

Postby andrew » 26 Jan 2012, 11:59

I will work on getting some tables set up in the corner so that you have your space for a group on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

Geoff, to track your adventure, just write down on a piece of paper the following:
Date
Encounter Season
DM Name, DM DCI Number
Player Name, Player DCI Number for each player.

That's it!

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone, Heath and I are dedicated to letting you play whatever game/RPG system that you want to play. Let us know how we can help you.

-Andrew
andrew
Site Admin

Postby Zabasaz » 26 Jan 2012, 22:26

Gotcha. Is it okay if I retroactively give you trackers for sessions from weeks ago?
Zabasaz

Postby heath » 27 Jan 2012, 16:36

Zabasaz wrote:Gotcha. Is it okay if I retroactively give you trackers for sessions from weeks ago?

You would have to ask Andrew about that but I think so. I'll ask him to check this thread when he gets a chance.
heath
Site Admin

Postby andrew » 27 Jan 2012, 16:48

of course! I will see what I can get submitted.

Andrew
andrew
Site Admin

Postby Zabasaz » 29 Jan 2012, 15:53

Alright, I'll gather up my players and get their DCI numbers, I marked who attended what week since the beginning so we'll be able to get it fully up to date. Does WotC send you any neat goodies if you send them play trackers?
Zabasaz

Postby andrew » 30 Jan 2012, 07:55

Once they have been logged once, I can usually enter them in with just their names. Just make sure I have their last name as we have a lot of duplicate first names in the store.

As for goodies, that is all determined by WOTC, and the year, some years they do, some they don't depending on the amount of play at a store. It is always better to report what you are playing rather than not.

Andrew
andrew
Site Admin

Postby gamedave » 30 Jan 2012, 09:37

I got a free copy of the updated-for-4E "Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan" adventure module last year.
gamedave

Postby Zabasaz » 31 Jan 2012, 12:00

I'll do it, then, in hopes the store gets some love from them Wizards.
Zabasaz

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games