D&D 4e Game, Homebrew Setting, Houserules

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: D&D 4e Game, Homebrew Setting, Houserules

Postby silarion » 24 Sep 2012, 09:24

We're on unless otherwise notified?
silarion

Postby Relmin » 24 Sep 2012, 10:12

I will be there!
Relmin

Postby Iunnrais » 24 Sep 2012, 11:01

Prepare for Fae combat!
Iunnrais

Postby Relmin » 24 Sep 2012, 12:19

I think "prepare for fae combat" is basically the mantra of our campaign...
Relmin

Postby silarion » 24 Sep 2012, 12:24

I read that, and I think, prepare for a combat you will not really understand.
silarion

Postby Iunnrais » 24 Sep 2012, 15:32

I may be slightly late. My wife needs a ride, so I'll have to head home, then to the store. Will probably add ~15minutes or so to my commute, hopefully not more.
Iunnrais

Postby bac8434 » 24 Sep 2012, 15:42

In other words, time for Ancor to rampage. This should be fun.
bac8434

Postby Iunnrais » 24 Sep 2012, 16:00

Correction: My wife got a ride. Will be there as soon as traffic allows.
Iunnrais

Postby Relmin » 26 Sep 2012, 00:04

any xp to get us to level between fights?

Also, I will be sending a draft of my custom epic destiny to you in email richard, so look for that tomorrow night probably!
Relmin

Postby Relmin » 30 Sep 2012, 22:12

So here is my homebrew epic destiny. I would like you all to look over it if you could and let me know what you think... It is a bit more extensive than most epic destinies, and may be a bit high on the power level, but I do not think it is too much past the norm. The chaos-touched element that you see referenced is from my paragon path, it is the thing I roll once a day to see my random resistance. Also, all of my attacks will be "re-skinned" so they work with the elementals as well.

Elemental Summoner Epic Destiny

As an At-Will minor action you can summon an elemental. This elemental's type is lightning, thunder, or your current chaos-touched element. They are considered minions (1 hp) with defenses equal to the summoner's +5 and a fly speed of 10. They can go any distance from the summoner. They have a move action every round, but no standard or minor actions. All movement made is considered a shift, so it grants no opportunity attacks with movement. The summoner can support up to 3 elementals at a time, and can dismiss them as a free action.

Any ranged attack the summoner can make can also be made through the elemental as a melee attack. Burst attacks can be made with the center on or adjacent to the elemental. The attack's damage type becomes the type of the elemental, unless it is a wild magic ability.

The summoner can make any arcane check through the elemental with a +3 bonus (including "arcane" perception and insight) - *Note* I chose this number as between this and my feat it makes my arcane check work as though I used charisma, since my int is abysmally low and we always seem to need more consistent arcane checks... The bonus is up to Richard's discretion.

Elemental Summoner (21st level): You increase your Charisma and Dexterity score by 2 and your origin changes to elemental. Additionally, you gain +15 resist elemental damage

Thunder and Lightning (24th level): Once per day, when you die, your body discorporates into a storm of elemental fury. You heal to one-half hit points and gain the insubstantial and phasing qualities. You gain an aura 5, and when enemies begin their turns inside that aura they automatically take 15 lightning and thunder damage, and you can slide that enemy 3 squares. You can use encounter and at-will powers, but you cannot use daily powers, activate magic items, or perform rituals. If you die in elemental storm form, you are dead.
At the end of the encounter, you go to 1 hp and fall unconscious as you change back to your normal form.

Cyclone's Master (30th level): You gain a fly speed equal to your speed + 2 and can hover. You do not need to land at the end of your movement. Additionally, you gain an aura 5 and your elementals gain an aura 1; any creature that enters or begins its turn within this aura loses any resistance to lightning, thunder, and your chaos-touched element.

Elemental Summoner Utility LvL 26 Fury of the Elements
As your will surges, your elementals crackle with energy.
Daily
Once per day when you use your action point you gain an extra standard action for each active elemental.
Relmin

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games