D&D 4e Game, Homebrew Setting, Houserules

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: D&D 4e Game, Homebrew Setting, Houserules

Postby Iunnrais » 24 Jan 2012, 00:22

Experience:

5 Shadow Children: 1000xp
1 Tormented Shadow: 400xp
10 Shadow Soldiers: 2000xp
1 Shadow Commander: 200xp
1 Shadow Zombie Ogre: 250xp
Tesseract Maze: 400xp
Estia Tellach, "Hearthstone", the Fiery Temptress (Partial): 700xp

Total: 4950xp
Split between 4 party members: 1237xp

Quick Recap for Notos: The party investigated the sound of weeping, still audible from the campsite, and encountered a sick and disgusting scene involving a woman's womb torn open and several mocking children. Melech disturbed the scene, invoking their wrath. After fighting the shadows off, the party decided to let any further such scenes be. There were numerous such scenes, including shadows climbing a mountain of gold, and a glowing soul attempting to break out of another shadow that seems to mimic whatever is nearby. The party adopted the latter shadow as something of a pet, especially when it was discovered that it would sometimes help out in combat.

The party finally crossed the Fields of Regret via utilizing the Orb to compress space, and encountered the River of Blood, which was hundreds of feet wide and filled with corpses. Uncompressing space, they discovered a battle being fought by the river's banks. A shadow commander attempted to impress the party into his army, and the party fought back. Each time they struck one of the soldiers down, however, the battle changed-- the shadow soldiers wore different uniforms, wielded different weapons, and even the landscape changed from fields to forest to city, and so forth. At last, after killing enough shadows, the scene changed to one that included a bridge over the river of blood. The bridge was guarded by an ogre, but it was quickly dispatched.

Across the river, where Silner would be in the real world, was a city not unlike New York City, with towering skyscrapers, and populated exclusively by shadowy kobolds. The kobolds did not seem to be doing a very good job of managing their civilization, given the amount of starving people everywhere. Oh, and the temples were going around kidnapping citizens and then crucifying them on the temples' front lawns, and then setting them on fire. And there was garbage piled high, and burning rubble. And everywhere, to do anything, apparently required a bribe. And there were riots, apparently attempting coup d'état.

Pushing through, the party located what was apparently the equivelent of Neris' tower in this strange shadow world-- except a towering skyscraper ten times as large as in Silner, with no stairs on the outside. Instead, on the inside, the party found themselves inside a Tesseract. Which they found themselves unable to find their way through, until Pendarric started using the orb to collapse space, pushing all 8 rooms into one, marking doors, expanding the rooms again, traveling, repeating, mapping out the tower step by step. In the process, it seems that Pendarric has been driven... well, insane. Dissociative Identity Disorder, Delirium, and a particular form of Psychosis, to be specific.

However, at last, the party reached the top of the tower, to find a much grander and larger version of Neris' workshop, a HUGE glowing white gate where the black one was in the real world, and standing in front of it, Estia Tellach. The Lady with the Red Hair.

She seemed surprised to see the party, or as surprised as a faerie ever appears to be (which is not much, given their poise). She fought them for a while, mostly dominating individuals to use as her weapons, but also summoning forth undead from the gate (which turned briefly black each time she used it). In the end though, the party proved themselves to be at least a little bit of a match for her, finally drawing a bit of blood after hours of combat. Shocked and horrified at being touched in this way, she fled the scene.

Session ended.
Iunnrais

Postby Iunnrais » 05 Feb 2012, 15:58

Ack, I've been distracted heavily this week. Umm... could someone remind me what creatures you fought last week? I need to calculate your XP.
Iunnrais

Postby silarion » 05 Feb 2012, 16:48

Pendarric
giant squid and his tenticles.

Like 10 minions of some sort
A big demon
Some dude on a throne.

Also the minions/demon fight was in a tactically reinfornced position.
silarion

Postby Iunnrais » 05 Feb 2012, 20:35

Pendarric: 500xp
Bound Pseudonatural: 1700xp (consisting of the main head + 3 tentacles)

Executioner Demon: 400xp
Imprisoned Demon Gang-lord: 800xp
10x Demon Minions: 630xp
Terrain Bonus: 500xp

Total: 4530xp
Divided amongst 5 party members: 906xp each
Iunnrais

Postby Iunnrais » 06 Feb 2012, 22:53

Awakened Flaming Hands Core: 1250xp
5x Awakened Flaming Hands Shards: 1250xp
5x Ripper in Quantum Supposition: 3500xp

Total: 6000xp
Divided between 5 party members: 1200xp each
Iunnrais

Postby Iunnrais » 13 Feb 2012, 02:12

Typing this at 2am, feeling miserable. Probably not going to be able to game tonight... sick with something.
Iunnrais

Postby Skulltaker » 13 Feb 2012, 03:57

Oh dear, I hope you haven't come down with the funk I had last week. It turned out to be some awful stomach virus.
Skulltaker

Postby bac8434 » 13 Feb 2012, 10:52

So no game tonight then?
bac8434

Postby silarion » 13 Feb 2012, 11:15

I am going to assume so unless I am told otherwise here.
silarion

Postby powerslave84 » 13 Feb 2012, 16:53

I'm assuming no as well? It's almost 5 and I haven't heard anything?
powerslave84

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games