Starting a D&D game

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Starting a D&D game

Postby warlock24 » 07 Jul 2011, 08:26

I was hoping to find or start a new group for D&D at the game shop. I would be willing to co-DM. This may mean that one person handles the game dynamics and I would assist with integrating player's back stories and interests as well as details to the game story line. It may be that one DM's one night and I would the other night. This group could meet more than once, pending interests.

I would like to create a game based on story and substance - where players can feel their characters back story to life (an old villain reappears, ones father comes back from war when he was abandoned as a child, old partners in crime would come back and maybe join the party for a mission, etc). There would be weekly emails to each player individually that would fill in gaps in play or follow up with how the player would envision their characters interactions, etc. This may even lead to meeting and playing on the side before the next session.

With Dean leaving the Wednesday Encounters game, there has been no one to step in. Whether we follow the 4E or 3.5, I don't mind. I would need help relearning 3.5 or AD&D because it's been since 1992 that I have played those. If we do go with the Encounters, I will still look to integrate your characters story line.

I am looking for serious players, not just "dice rollers". People that are not engaged and playing their IPod will be booted from the table. I look to create an integrated world (grey hawk-esque) where it is character specific and interweaving personal story lines.

Please respond on the thread about ideas or interests.
warlock24

Re: Starting a D&D game

Postby coolestbond » 25 Jul 2011, 17:16

I just moved to Wilmington and I'd love to play a 3.5 (or 4 if we have to) ed game. Stopped playing while I was in college and now am looking to get back into it. Never Dm'ed before.
coolestbond

Postby DrHorrible » 28 Jul 2011, 19:49

I would love to join in either a 3.5 or 4 group. I would prefer 4, but I used to play 3.5 so either is good. I've only DM'd a few games, but I'll do whatever is needed.
DrHorrible

Postby DungeonCrawler » 05 Aug 2011, 22:21

I haven't played in a few years but I can pick it back up pretty quickly I'm sure.I would be willing to co-dm a group if it were large enough,at least 5 players plus dm.
DungeonCrawler

Postby warlock24 » 18 Aug 2011, 14:57

Alright! Sorry for not responding in some time, but things look like they are coming through well. We have a place and I think we may be leaning towards Monday, 6 or 7pm. Sucks to be working adults. Let me know where interest lies and what your schedules look like.
warlock24

Postby coolestbond » 23 Aug 2011, 06:17

Monday at 6 or 7 sounds perfect for me. I sent you a PM with my contact info.
coolestbond

Postby warlock24 » 23 Aug 2011, 17:52

I have no clue how to check for a PM. You can text/call (910) 512-6872 or email me at JLMyers24@gmail.com

I set up a flier in the store with the same information as posted above. With you as a responder, we have 3-4 people - including DM. Hopefully we can get some more.
warlock24

Return to Role Playing Games