Searching for a gaming group

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Searching for a gaming group

Postby Sothi » 30 Jan 2011, 12:57

'allo, all.

My dice have gathered a layer of dust on them as they sit unused on a shelf. My pencils and notebooks haven't seen the outside of my writing desk in years and my books have gone from neatly arranged in order on their shelves to packed away in boxes in the corner of the room. As I'm sure you can tell, I've been away from the game for a while...and hoping to change that.

For nearly four years I've been without in terms of RPG's other than computer-based games, after my last DM moved to Guam on business. Since he left, I had always assumed that I would never find a DM with his storytelling skills or ability to draw me into a world he created. I assumed wrong. I suppose I was always just hurt with his leaving and sequestered myself from other gaming groups, never giving others a chance. But, finally my schedule is rather open and my willingness to play has come back strong, I think I'm finally ready to find another group, should any have me. I came into D&D with the 2nd Edition rule set, but moved into 3rd and even 3.5. I am most familiar with both latter editions, though willing to learn or re-learn others, but my desire to play is not limiting me to either of these. I also have a great interest in D20 Modern settings, White Wolf, Champions (I believe it was called, as I only played for a short time), and World of Darkness. A little side note about myself. I have been also LARP'ing for the past handful of years, and when I even played tabletops, I was one for getting very much into character and enjoyed role-playing. Now, I wouldn't be swinging my latex swords around the table, but am one for getting into voices or mindsets of my characters and act out as such.

So, if any table has a chair that's empty and wants another player, please let me know and I can see what can be done about schedule adjustment, if needed.

Thanks, all and I hope to dust off these old, worn dice.
Sothi

Re: Searching for a gaming group

Postby elijahfoxundercover » 31 Jan 2011, 18:42

I'm trying to get a vampire the masquerade game going... any interest?
elijahfoxundercover

Return to Role Playing Games