Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Postby audiosnorkel » 21 Aug 2010, 11:55

I am not fully decided, but I am thinking about a Halfling Wizard. I am not opposed to playing another race/class, but I haven't played a caster in a while so I figured this would be a nice time to try one out.

As far as a campaign setting, I'm fine with anything. In my experience the fun comes from making the world ours, so any world will do so long as we can come up with a niche for our characters within that setting.

I may have read over it, but I assume that this is gonna be hosted at Cape Fear Games?
audiosnorkel

Postby hedgeknight » 21 Aug 2010, 13:16

darmas2 wrote:If we switch to "The Forgotten Realms", can I utilize more of my books. I will be bringing them along on the 29th for anyone else to use.

Well, you may or may not need them; depends on which books you are bringing. Forgotten Realms Adventures might be nice (I'm bringing my copy). You won't need much for this intro adventure. Just keep it simple.

Here you go, fellers - here is some information you might want re: Daggerford.
DaggerfordInfo.doc - 58 KB

Anybody else downloaded all the files and working on a character?
hedgeknight

Postby hedgeknight » 21 Aug 2010, 13:21

audiosnorkel wrote:I am not fully decided, but I am thinking about a Halfling Wizard. I am not opposed to playing another race/class, but I haven't played a caster in a while so I figured this would be a nice time to try one out.

As far as a campaign setting, I'm fine with anything. In my experience the fun comes from making the world ours, so any world will do so long as we can come up with a niche for our characters within that setting.

I may have read over it, but I assume that this is gonna be hosted at Cape Fear Games?

Yes, I cleared it with Andrew (I think that was his name) before I started recruiting - they will have a table in the back set aside for us. And starting at 2:00 pm will give us plenty of time to work on characters and such before we start the actual demo.
Halfling Wizard is dandy! Haven't seen one of those in awhile. That would give him two Primary Attributes - Intelligence (from his class) and one other of your choice.
hedgeknight

Postby hedgeknight » 22 Aug 2010, 11:17

Hey fellers - I know I've thrown a lot of information at you and was wondering if anyone had any questions so far? I have some info for your character creation that I want to give you, but I would rather send it to your email.

If you don't mind, please email me, along with your first name and board name, and I'll send you some additional information on Daggerford and your role as a member of the militia.

My email address is: yankmychain@gmail.com

Talk to you soon - only a week from demo day!!

Edit: I also edited the recruitment post on page one to reflect the new direction of the adventure. It's gonna be fun!
hedgeknight

Postby darmas2 » 23 Aug 2010, 13:41

Hey there Hedgenight,

I just got my $13 Castles and Crusades PHB. I'm going to start reading tonight. I'm going to stay with the dwarven/fighter character. Talk to you soon.

RJ
darmas2

Postby hedgeknight » 23 Aug 2010, 14:56

Sounds good, man! You got the latest file I emailed you, right? That can give you some background on your dwarf's...er...background. ;)
hedgeknight

Postby darmas2 » 23 Aug 2010, 22:21

Are you still willing to let me play a Ranger? I will keep with dwarf being the race.
darmas2

Postby hedgeknight » 23 Aug 2010, 22:24

Yeah man - no problem. Now that you have the PHB you can access the stats.
hedgeknight

Postby darmas2 » 24 Aug 2010, 13:34

Hey there Hedgeknight,

Did you want us to wait on rolling up our characteres until Sunday, or is it ok to do that? I have also met a neighbor who is interested in playing. Do we have room for him? Talk to you soon.

RJ
darmas2

Postby hedgeknight » 24 Aug 2010, 18:57

RJ - I sent you an email.

As for rolling up characters now or on Sunday - what do you fellers think? You'd be on "the honor system" if you roll up at home or you could use an online die roller and email me the results. Or...you could wait and do it on Sunday. Talk to me.

As for background, no need for an extensive background - just a couple of paragraphs about how you ended up in Daggerford - perhaps you were born in one of the nearby hamlets or even in the city itself. Or maybe you came here for adventure and decided to stay. If you would like to email me your background...that would be cool. :)
hedgeknight

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games