Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Postby hedgeknight » 16 Aug 2010, 16:09

darmas2 wrote:I have the directions and I am planning on picking up the players handbook later on today. I'm a strong believer in being somewhat prepared. See you there.

Before you pick up the player's handbook, you need to know that each player in the group gets a player's packet - which includes a character sheet and a 22-page basic set of rules - that would save you from having to buy the PHB until after the demo; that way if you didn't like it you wouldn't be out any money. Plus, the group of players will vote after the demo and whoever gets the most votes gets a brand new Player's Handbook!
Your choice, but I thought I'd let you know.
hedgeknight

Postby darmas2 » 17 Aug 2010, 09:30

What are the character classes you are alowing in the adventure?
darmas2

Postby darmas2 » 17 Aug 2010, 13:13

I was wondering how many players you have for the demo. I asked about the classes, because I am thinking of running a Ranger. I have started working on history.
darmas2

Postby hedgeknight » 17 Aug 2010, 16:36

In the demo box I received from Troll Lord Games, there are four player packets. I have their permission to make as many as I want, so I'm going to make two more. I'm hoping to have 4-6 players. Right now, there are only two official players - you and Hyway, although I am seriously considering allowing MikeR to play, even though he is only 17 years old.

As for character classes, the demo packets provide information on the following : Fighter, Rogue, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, and Bard.
As for character races, the demo packets provide information on the following: Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Halfling.

Remember, this is only a demo version of the rules, thus, you don't get full access to all of the classes and races.

Do you currently own the PHB? If so, I have no problem with you playing a ranger.

Also, I have a PDF of the rules that I can send you or post somewhere online - I was going to offer this to all of the players ahead of time so they could familiarize themselves with the rules and go ahead and work on a character concept prior to the demo. The file is quite large though - 10.5 mb - and I'm not sure I can send that via email. Any ideas on how to post that on the internet for downloading?
hedgeknight

Postby hedgeknight » 17 Aug 2010, 16:51

Just figured out how to host a file online! Woot! :mrgreen:

Here is the link to download the Quick Start Rules for Castles & Crusades: TLG0010QuickStartforPDF.pdf - 10.51 MB

Let me know if you have problems with it.
-g-
hedgeknight

Postby darmas2 » 18 Aug 2010, 22:32

Hey there, I just printed out the Quick start rules. I will start working on an alternate character idea. I am still waiting for the PHB to come in the mail. I found a copy on E-Bay for $12. I just couldn't pass it up. I am really looking forward to the 29th. It has been a long time. I wouldn't mind having the 17 year old. The more the merrier. I look forward to playing and meeting you.
darmas2

Postby Hyway » 18 Aug 2010, 22:46

I just downloaded the rules, too. Looking forward to it. I have no problem with the 17 yo either. Oldschoolers are a small enough niche as it is without making it even smaller :)
Hyway

Postby hedgeknight » 18 Aug 2010, 23:14

Sounds good to me - I'll invite him, assuming he's still around.
hedgeknight

Postby MikeR » 19 Aug 2010, 21:45

I will do my best to be there.
MikeR

Postby hedgeknight » 19 Aug 2010, 22:26

That's three - welcome aboard, Mike! If you want we can start talking about character ideas...or we can wait until the 29th and do everything from scratch. Read through the quick start rules, especially the rules about ability checks and combat. And we'll go from there...
hedgeknight

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games