Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Postby hedgeknight » 29 Jul 2010, 09:39

A Curse is on the Land...
Daggerford is fairly quiet for a frontier town. Sure, lizard men raid the local baron's holding now and then, orcs sneak out of the Misty Forest to raid caravans on the Trade Way, and Lady Bronwyn has a few suitors who are a touch too passionate, but there's nothing going on that a member of the renowned Daggerford militia can't handle.

Except that the Shining River has turned green, and cattle are dying. Except that the Elf King of Laughing Hollow, a place where no human dares to go without fearing for his life, is asking the militia for help. Except that strange substances are oozing from the fissures caused by a recent earthquake. Except that the earthquake has also opened an entrance in the cliffs around Laughing Hollow that might lead to the fabled dwarf mines of Illefarn.

Suddenly, becoming a militiaman isn't quite as easy as it used to be...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Greetings fellow gamers! My name is Gary and I am recruiting players to demo an adventure for Castles & Crusades - a role-playing D&D system published by Troll Lord Games. If you have never played D&D before or if you are an "old timer" (like myself) who longs for the days of simple gaming without a plethora of charts and tables, then you will really enjoy Castles & Crusades (C&C).

I am looking for 4-6 "adult" players (no kids or teens please) - each player will receive a free copy of the basic rules that they can keep! The rules are very straight forward and you if are familiar with any edition of D&D, you won't have any difficulty understanding the C&C system.

The demo will run on Sunday, August 29, 2010, starting promptly at 2:00 pm. That should give us up to four hours to create characters and complete the adventure. At the end of the adventure, all of the players (and myself) will vote for the best gamer of the night and that person will receive a new copy of the Castles & Crusades Players Handbook!

The first six people to respond with a commitment of interest will be in the demo; after that, I will keep an alternate list in case any of the first six are unable to show on the 29th. Please post your intent to play in this thread and include your first name and age. It's gonna be a lot of fun and might lead into a monthly gaming group.

So...recruitment is now OPEN!!
Last edited by hedgeknight on 22 Aug 2010, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
hedgeknight

Re: Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Postby MikeR » 31 Jul 2010, 00:33

By adult, do you mean 16+ or 18+? i ask because im 17 and that sounds like it might be interesting....
MikeR

Postby hedgeknight » 31 Jul 2010, 10:41

MikeR wrote:By adult, do you mean 16+ or 18+? i ask because im 17 and that sounds like it might be interesting....

18+ (preferably 21+)

No offense, but I've "done my time" gaming with kids. Plus as a DM, I prefer to game with adults.
hedgeknight

Postby heath » 31 Jul 2010, 18:42

hedgeknight wrote:
MikeR wrote:By adult, do you mean 16+ or 18+? i ask because im 17 and that sounds like it might be interesting....

18+ (preferably 21+)

No offense, but I've "done my time" gaming with kids. Plus as a DM, I prefer to game with adults.

What about very mature 17 year olds? I would hate to see the guy not get a chance if he is mature. I do understand your reasoning but not all 17 year olds are the same. :)
heath
Site Admin

Postby Hyway » 09 Aug 2010, 00:39

I am interested in playing in this demo. I am old, but not sure how mature I am. I first started playing in 1980, mostly the 1981 basic/expert rules, but then took a 25 year hiatis but have recently returned and now play, when I get a chance, a simulacrum of the 1981 rules called Basic Fantasy Role Playing Game. Sunday afternoon would be a good time for me.
Hyway

Postby hedgeknight » 09 Aug 2010, 06:17

Hyway wrote:I am interested in playing in this demo. I am old, but not sure how mature I am. I first started playing in 1980, mostly the 1981 basic/expert rules, but then took a 25 year hiatis but have recently returned and now play, when I get a chance, a simulacrum of the 1981 rules called Basic Fantasy Role Playing Game. Sunday afternoon would be a good time for me.

Sounds good man! Are you Hywaywolf from the Dragonsfoot boards? Just wondering.
Looks like it just might be me and you. :mrgreen:
hedgeknight

Postby hedgeknight » 12 Aug 2010, 17:51

I have posted this game event on Dragonsfoot and Enworld - hope to get enough players for a demo!
hedgeknight

Postby darmas2 » 16 Aug 2010, 06:53

I will be there as long as I can map quest the location. Wilmington is about an hour and a half from me, depending on how fast I drive. I have never played castles & crusades before but I am looking forward to playing. I look forward to meeting you Hedgeknight. Darmas
darmas2

Postby hedgeknight » 16 Aug 2010, 07:13

darmas2 wrote:I will be there as long as I can map quest the location. Wilmington is about an hour and a half from me, depending on how fast I drive. I have never played castles & crusades before but I am looking forward to playing. I look forward to meeting you Hedgeknight. Darmas

Sounds great! I can give you directions if it will help.
hedgeknight

Postby darmas2 » 16 Aug 2010, 11:17

I have the directions and I am planning on picking up the players handbook later on today. I'm a strong believer in being somewhat prepared. See you there.
darmas2

Next

Return to Role Playing Games