Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Postby darmas2 » 20 Aug 2010, 14:17

From what i've read about Castles and Crusades, it seems a lot like old school DnD. I am definitely looking forward to the 29th.

I have an outline set up for my character if I don't recieve the PHB before next Friday. Here it is:

Name: Darmas Stormforge

I. mountain dwarf
A) Great Rift Region (Forgotten Realms)
B) lived underground

II. father Pathias Stormforge
A) blacksmith
B) weapon master

III. Prime attributes
A) blacksmith apprentice 23 years
B) weapon specialization
a) warhammer
b) specialized 15 years

IV. age, height, weight
A) 68 years
B) 5 feet tall
C) 175 pounds

V. nuetral good

VI. Weapon Preferences
A) warhammer
B) 2 hand throwing axes
darmas2

Postby hedgeknight » 20 Aug 2010, 16:54

Looks real good - was hoping someone would play a Dwarf. Don't fret too much over background details and such for this demo. I just want us to have fun with learning the C&C system (I'm still learning it too) and see if we have enough interest for possibly a monthly game. And yeah, it IS very much like old-school D&D - not clogged with skills and dice rolling for everything. It's gonna be fun!

And you know, Darmas, if we decide this will work out as a monthly group, perhaps we could play one month in Wilmington, and then the next in Myrtle Beach and so forth - that way we could share the travel. Yes?

So...we got a Dwarf Fighter.

What about you other fellers?
hedgeknight

Postby darmas2 » 20 Aug 2010, 18:22

Sounds like a plan. Like I said, I am really looking forward to the 29th. Alternating sites would be great and maybe twice a month ine the future.
darmas2

Postby hedgeknight » 20 Aug 2010, 18:33

I can only commit to a monthly game, but perhaps the others would be up for it. Heck, I'd like to see a resurgence of old-school gaming in this area. Like Hyway, I cut my teeth on Basic D&D and 1E and still love those systems in all of the purity and simplicity.
hedgeknight

Postby hedgeknight » 20 Aug 2010, 18:55

One other thing, and this may be a little late to mention, but what is your opinion of whether we run this game out of the World of Aihrde, Castles & Crusades default setting, as opposed to the Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk? If you had a preference, which would it be? Just asking - talk to me fellers.
hedgeknight

Postby Hyway » 20 Aug 2010, 19:35

I'm not sure if I could swing a myrtle beach run but it would be something to think about. I would like playing more than once a month though if that's possible. It doesn't matter what world we play in since I have never played in any of those. I have usually played in Mystara or a homebrew.

I know we are playing a one off C&C demo, but I can't remember if we had ever discussed Basic Fantasy Role Playing Game over on the DF forum. Thats the game I have grown to like best since I returned to D&D.
Hyway

Postby audiosnorkel » 20 Aug 2010, 19:56

I am interested in the demo, assuming you are still in the market for another player. I am 23 and have played around with a few different table top rpgs. I'd really enjoy getting in on a demo to give me some sort of creative outlet.

Daniel
audiosnorkel

Postby hedgeknight » 20 Aug 2010, 22:14

You're in snorkel! That makes four fellers! But I'll gladly take one or two more - anybody else out there???

Audiosnorkel, please download the quick start rules - I think they are on this page or the previous one and be looking through those. We have one character concept already, a Dwarven Fighter - also looking for feedback about campaign setting (see my post above).

Woohooo! We got enough for a demo!!
hedgeknight

Postby hedgeknight » 21 Aug 2010, 10:17

Alright fellers, here are a couple of maps that we may be using next Sunday. I am SERIOUSLY considering switching settings and adventures and running a quick version of N5 - Under Illefarn - I'm just more comfortable with this adventure and this setting (the Forgotten Realms). To that end, here are a couple of maps you will need:

DaggerfordMap.JPG - 47.51 KB

FallenKingdomMap.JPG - 41.38 KB

A couple of house rules:
- Any spellcaster (wizard or cleric/druid) starts off at Level 2 with max HP.
- A druid has two options for casting spells: he may use his wisdom bonus like clerics and pray for spells OR he may forgo his wisdom bonus for spontaneous casting. This means he doesn't have to prepare ahead of time for spells; he is attuned to "the land" and can thus "tap into" that elemental power and call forth spells as needed.

Working on another info file and will add today or tomorrow along with a key to the Daggerford map.
hedgeknight

Postby darmas2 » 21 Aug 2010, 10:53

If we switch to "The Forgotten Realms", can I utilize more of my books. I will be bringing them along on the 29th for anyone else to use.
darmas2

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games