Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

Re: Recruiting for Castles & Crusades Demo!

Postby audiosnorkel » 25 Aug 2010, 14:57

I'm fine pre-rolling or waiting 'til Sunday. I don't think anybody would cheat, nor would it take much time to do at CFG, so it's really all the same.
audiosnorkel

Postby Hyway » 25 Aug 2010, 19:07

I may have missed it but what are the rolling rules? straight 3d6?
Hyway

Postby audiosnorkel » 25 Aug 2010, 19:57

From what I understand it's 3d6 six times. You then assign the scores to your attributes in whatever way works best for you.

I don't think i am missing anything there, but that's what I remember.
audiosnorkel

Postby hedgeknight » 25 Aug 2010, 20:04

Hyway wrote:I may have missed it but what are the rolling rules? straight 3d6?

Those are the C&C rules, but I prefer rolling 4d6 and dropping the lowest. Six rolls, arrange as desired. What do you fellers think?
hedgeknight

Postby Hyway » 25 Aug 2010, 20:37

That's how I do it too. Me like.
Hyway

Postby darmas2 » 26 Aug 2010, 16:09

Me too. Much prefered.
darmas2

Postby hedgeknight » 26 Aug 2010, 16:39

Since you are considering rolling up characters before Sunday, just a couple of things:

Alignments limited to: LG, NG, CG, LN, and N.

Full hp at 1st level.

Spellcasters (Clerics, Druids, and Wizards) all begin at 2nd level with full hp.

All militia members (i.e. you!) are given standard studded leather and a spear to train with. Any other type of weapon or armor must be purchased by you.

I know I'm forgetting some things, so if you think of anything, just post here or email me. Also, if any of you have miniatures, can you bring a few? It would help with combat.

Not sure what the rules are at Cape Fear Games, but I'm bringing a water jug and maybe a snack or something. You guys are free to do likewise I assume.
hedgeknight

Postby hedgeknight » 28 Aug 2010, 09:36

We are one day away from the demo! Several of you have contacted via email and have downloaded the files I've attached to various posts, including the quick start rules. I will have copies of those rules, plus extra character sheets for tomorrow. It looks like we are going to have five players, which is perfect for this adventure.

Also, I have enough "prizes" so that every player comes away with something to add to their gaming shelf! :mrgreen: Of course, the top player from the demo (based on votes from the players) gets a new copy of the Castles & Crusades PHB!! Good stuff!

See you tomorrow!!
hedgeknight

Postby heath » 29 Aug 2010, 20:58

So how did it go? I hope you all had a good time.
heath
Site Admin

Postby hedgeknight » 30 Aug 2010, 05:43

Had a very good time...even though Andrew hadn't told anyone that we were going to be there. But...Alan made a space for us up front and we just had a blast. I think we are gonna do this at least once a month - it's a great group of players. Thanks a bunch for allowing us to play at the store.
hedgeknight

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing Games