RPG's on Tuesdays?

Pen and Paper Role Playing Games. Discuss rules and recruit players for your games.

RPG's on Tuesdays?

Postby hedgeknight » 30 Jun 2010, 18:16

I was looking on the calendar and noticed that RPG's are played on Tuesday nights...is that right? I am primarily interested in D&D Pathfinder or Castles & Crusades, but 1st or 2nd edition AD&D is not out of the question. I am an "old timer" and would prefer to game with players at least 30 - 40 years of age. I would be able to game once a month on a Tuesday night.
How does one recruit for a group?
hedgeknight

Re: RPG's on Tuesdays?

Postby andrew » 07 Jul 2010, 11:28

The forums are a good place to start recruiting a group. The big problem is the lack of GMs. I set up Tuesday nights as a time when RPG's could gather. We have a few private groups that come in on their own time, but you are welcome to RPG at the store any time. I will take the Tuesday nights down as we don't have a dedicated activity for RPG's for that day. Would the D&D encounters be something that you would like to participate in on Wed evenings?
andrew
Site Admin

Postby hedgeknight » 08 Jul 2010, 16:19

I was in the store today and talked at length with Nathan and...Andrew (I think). Saw a lot of Magic players but nothing on the bulletin board except Blood Bowl announcements. ;)
Anyway, I bought the Pathfinder Bestiary which I had been looking for everywhere and I think I will post on some other forums where I am a member and see if I can find some old timers like me who are interested in gaming once a month.
In time, I would be glad to run a game at the store - I just need time to find players and find a system that folks enjoy.
-g-
hedgeknight

Postby PurpleTree » 09 Jul 2010, 17:13

hey hedge check my post under Rp'er lookign for d&d or shadowrun in the same category as this post of yours. lemme know when u find a few more and get started :)
PurpleTree

Postby hedgeknight » 11 Jul 2010, 19:24

PurpleTree wrote:hey hedge check my post under Rp'er lookign for d&d or shadowrun in the same category as this post of yours. lemme know when u find a few more and get started :)

Hey man - how was your Thursday visit at the store? I need to get out there one night in the next week or two and see how things are done.

I ordered a demo package of Castles & Crusades from Trollord Games http://www.trolllord.com/ - not sure when it will ship, but I'm gonna try to put together a demo group at the store after I get it and read through it.
hedgeknight

Postby heath » 12 Jul 2010, 11:10

Also we are happy to special order any RPG's that we do not currently carry and as usual we give great discounts on all of our games. Special orders typically do not take longer than a week and in most cases you will have your book in 2-4 days.
heath
Site Admin

Postby hedgeknight » 12 Jul 2010, 17:18

heath wrote:Also we are happy to special order any RPG's that we do not currently carry and as usual we give great discounts on all of our games. Special orders typically do not take longer than a week and in most cases you will have your book in 2-4 days.

That sounds great, Heath! I need to come by the store this week and talk to you about a couple of items from Trollord Games for Castles & Crusades.
hedgeknight

Postby PurpleTree » 13 Jul 2010, 13:20

hey yeah last thursday was cool :) and as far as the new game im down for trying it out if u will have me :)
PurpleTree

Postby hedgeknight » 14 Jul 2010, 06:01

PurpleTree wrote:hey yeah last thursday was cool :) and as far as the new game im down for trying it out if u will have me :)

As soon as the demo packet arrives, I'll start recruiting and automatically put you on the list.
hedgeknight

Postby hedgeknight » 19 Jul 2010, 07:05

The Castles & Crusades demo kit arrived this weekend and looks really good. The kit has packets for four (4) players, plus a lot of press stuff for players and the store. After reading through it thoroughly, I will post a recruitment thread for players. PurpleTree is automatically in. ;)

Heath, do you think it best to recruit on here or through the store? And what day/night would be best to shoot for...or I guess we could leave that up to the group, eh?
hedgeknight

Next

Return to Role Playing Games